OLED (SPI) chip SSD1306 & 24FV16KA301

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v6 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

Jörg Güldner

OLED (SPI) chip SSD1306 & 24FV16KA301

Post by Jörg Güldner »

Hello matrix team,
I tried a OLED (SPI) with flowcode 6. The SSD1306-Buffered-component is working fine.
The other Components of the SSD1306 gives differant results. Please have a look to the attached PDF.
If you found and correct something, can you do it for Version7, too?

Advice:
01.) Clearing only the first half -> The component starts with resolution of 128 x 32. The display have 128 x 64 dots. May be, that the area changing don`t touch the clearing part.
02.) When I only placed a line, the use of memory (sram, programm) is very big. Is it possible, for smaller controllers, only to compile the used functions?
03.) After loading a file from V6 to V7 --> The setup from the connected pins for the OLED are away and dummy pins are presentated.

Best regards
Jörg
Attachments
Flowcode V6 and OLED-SSD1306.pdf
(1.11 MiB) Downloaded 402 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: OLED (SPI) chip SSD1306 & 24FV16KA301

Post by Benj »

Hi Jörg,

I did find a few problems with gLCDs which should have already been fixed in v7, it might be worth a try with the 30-day demo version to see if v7 works any better for you.

I'll have a look and see if I can find any problems with the components you mentioned in v6 and on the v6 to v7 import.

The large memory usage might be down to the buffering. It is possible to control the display without buffering and without a read back method but you loose a lot of flexibility in terms of what you can do. Functions that are not being called should be being optimised out for you.