Uart Component Receive (PIC24FV32KA304)

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v6 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

Jörg Güldner

Uart Component Receive (PIC24FV32KA304)

Post by Jörg Güldner »

Hello Matrix team!
If you open the interrupt box and choose uart-rx-int1 and send datas in a loop to channel1, this will not works.
The receive rxd int is indexed with "0" and "1" and the uart channels with "1" and "2". In the datasheet, from the
cpu I use, is the rxd interrupt described as "1" and "2". Is it not beter to change the interrupt from 0,1 to 1,2?

Best regards
Jorg

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Uart Component Receive (PIC24FV32KA304)

Post by Benj »

Hi Jorg,

Yes you're right it is a bit confusing and it's mainly down to legacy reasons.

The interrupt you select in the interrupt options looks like this and is numbered from 1 to match the Flowcode channel property.
SS1.jpg
SS1.jpg (33.72 KiB) Viewed 5796 times
However when looking at the interrupt enable icon it uses a different name which is numbered from 0.
SS2.jpg
SS2.jpg (7 KiB) Viewed 5796 times
We could fix this in the Flowcode definition files, however that would break any existing programs using a UART RX Interrupt because the Flowchart stores the name which is 0 referenced rather then the more friendly and correct 1 referenced version.

So to sum up RXINT0 is the interrupt for UART channel 1 and RXINT1 is the interrupt for UART channel 2.

If the interrupt is not working still then let me know and I will investigate for you.