Bugs and Issues List, please

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v6 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

gtc

Bugs and Issues List, please

Post by gtc »

I believe it would be a very useful aid to Flowcode users if Matrix would maintain on this site a list of reported bugs and issues, along with their status, updated periodically.

Status typically includes: fixed in the next release/under investigation/workaround published/ etc, etc.

Such a list (a) enables a search for what appears to be a bug, and (b) saves users from reporting the same bugs/issues.

So, Matrix, how about it?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Bugs and Issues List, please

Post by Benj »

Hello,

We currently maintain an internal bugs list and provide the fixes as part of our changes.txt change log.

However this is quite far from ideal and we do probably need to move to a system that works for us and our customers.

The main problem with such systems is that if people can report a bug then they will, in most cases without checking if the bug is already on the list and if what they are seeing is even a bug.

We have a lot of new internal systems coming into play this year and next so although I can't say for sure right now, hopefully things will improve in this regard maybe via the matrix user account.

If I fix a bug then I am in a good position to let the user who reported the issue know that it has been fixed. However for a lot of bugs I am not the man doing the work so reporting back to the user becomes more difficult to orchestrate.

Thanks for the suggestion.

gtc

Re: Bugs and Issues List, please

Post by gtc »

Thanks for the reply.
The main problem with such systems is that if people can report a bug then they will, in most cases without checking if the bug is already on the list and if what they are seeing is even a bug.
Yes, it can become a bit circular in that regard, but I have seen it used to good effect nonetheless.
However for a lot of bugs I am not the man doing the work so reporting back to the user becomes more difficult to orchestrate.
I expect that the internal list is kept up to date by the respective maintenance personnel, so it would only need to be a reflection of that.