Flowcode 6.1.2.0 says pins not connected (but they are!)

A forums to allow bugs and problems with Flowcode v6 to be reported and resolved.

Moderator: Benj

gtc

Flowcode 6.1.2.0 says pins not connected (but they are!)

Post by gtc »

Occasionally, Flowcode decides that "one or more pins" of a component are not connected, when in fact that is NOT the case.

I have attached a trivial program which flashes an LED. Flowcode insists that the LED is unconnected, yet it is connected to port B5, and it does run correctly in simulation.

If I try to compile it, I get the infamous 'error code 1' message.

Also attached is a screenshot of the error message that pops up when the simulation start button is pressed.
Flowcode 'one or more pins not connected'.jpg
(227.92 KiB) Downloaded 1146 times
FlashB5.fcfx
(5.08 KiB) Downloaded 263 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode 6.1.2.0 says pins not connected (but they are!)

Post by Benj »

Hello,

There are two LEDs in your program.

Open the properties window and at the top of the window is a drop down list. Click the list and you will see the two objects (components) that are present in your program.

The component led_5mm1 seems to have been scaled down so that the height is 0. You can either delete the component or change the Height property to allow the LED to be visible again.
SS1.jpg
SS1.jpg (80.24 KiB) Viewed 4052 times

gtc

Post by gtc »

Many thanks indeed for solving the case of the incredible shrinking LED. I wasn't aware of that trick with Panel Properties.

As for the shrunken LED, I think that may have been caused by anther issue that I've been meaning to raise: sometimes Flowcode will not allow me to grab the resize points of an object with the mouse; instead it just wants to relocate the object rather than allowing me to resize it.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know. I have had a go here and can't seem to replicate the problem. Is it worse with a specific component?

The mouse cursor should change slightly when you are hovering over one of the component resize handles.

gtc

Post by gtc »

Sorry, just noticed your reply.

No it's the same with all components. I think it may be related related to my screen size setting, which is 1280 x 1024 on a 17 inch monitor.

Also I'm still on XP-Pro (yes, I know ...)