How to connect SPI 2.2" GLCD ILI9341 to Arduino Duemilanove

A collection of posts and articles on getting started in Flowcode v6

Moderator: Benj

yutronic

How to connect SPI 2.2" GLCD ILI9341 to Arduino Duemilanove

Post by yutronic »

Hi,
I have received 2.2" TFT GLCD with SPI Interface (http://www.ebay.com/itm/200939222521?ss ... 1439.l2649) but can not find the way to connect it. Can you help?

With best regards,
Djordje
Attachments
Display
Display
GLCD 2.2 -2.JPG (36.91 KiB) Viewed 17493 times
GLCD 2.2.JPG
Pinout
(65.82 KiB) Downloaded 3403 times

dazz

Re: How to connect SPI 2.2" GLCD ILI9341 to Arduino Duemilan

Post by dazz »

Hi
the display has to be connected to 3.3v both the vcc and the spi require this voltage, you can either buy a ready made level converter or buy a cd 4050 to get the 3.3v inputs, also use the 3,3v pin on the duemelove to pover the tft and to power the level converter

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

yutronic

Post by yutronic »

Hi Dazz,
thank you so much for replying. My problem is also connecting other pins. Should I use gLCD EBM001 (or what) and how should I connect it? There is no "A0" or "Data" pin on the display ( which are present in EBM001 connections properties) but instead I have D/C, SDO, SDI pins. Should SDI be connected to "Data" in EBM001? What should be connected to D/C? Do I have to use specific pins on Arduino Duemilanove board?
Please help.

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi
I think the closest will be the eb057 although its a different size, dont try it using 5 volts, but best bet would be to find the datasheet with the commands on and see if matrix can make a component for it

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

yutronic

Post by yutronic »

I have tried to contact Matrix concerning creation of new component, but could not send them datasheet for the display as an attachment (no option for attachment). Here it is. It also have codes and examples and I believe it would beneficial to many users to have such a component in the library as I have seen many displays with this chip / pinning. In case anyone can help, please...
Attachments
2.2TFT320x240_Display.rar
GLCD 320 x 240 datasheet and codes
(3.83 MiB) Downloaded 554 times

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi
post your request in this forum http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewforum.php?f=56 as it may be seen, also please realise that matrix may be aware of this thread ,but could possibly be busy so it may take a while, also the Vc are not employed by matrix and try to help others in our spare time, i will have a look at the docs you posted and maybe able to offer a few suggestions, but as im living through hell at the moment, i will be unable to try to make a component and it may take a while to read the doc,

Regards
Dazz

yutronic

Post by yutronic »

Hi Dazz,
thank you very much for trying to help. I am aware that you are doing this in your free time and that makes your help much, much more valuable. Hope you'll sort things out in your life soon. Just relax and do one thing at a time.

"It's not how many times you get knocked down; it's how many times you get back up.”

All the best to you !

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

I've had a look at the code and it looks easy enough. I'll try and have a go at making a component this week but there is a lot for us to get through at the moment so please bear with us.

yutronic

Post by yutronic »

G R E A T !!! :D

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Right I've not been able to test this works on hardware but it should be fairly close.
gLCD_ILI9341.fcpx
(7.01 KiB) Downloaded 464 times
Copy the attached file to your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode 6\components" directory and restart Flowcode.

Then the component should be available under the component search option. If you type glcd into the filter then the component search window will show all the current glcd components.

Let me know how you get on.

hypamat

Post by hypamat »

i have tested this on hardware, and unfortunately it doesnt seem to work, only a half of the screen seems to start up (horizontally)
and also if you write text, it goes off the screen. when it starts up, half of the screen is white and the other side, all of the pixels are different random colours, i hope this helps to maybe find a way to modify a driver for it to work properly.

i have however tried the built in driver in flowcode 6, and it seems to drive the glcd very well, apart from the problem where the refresh rate is painfully slow.

thanks,
matt

yutronic

Post by yutronic »

Hi Hypamat,
which driver in Flowcode 6 did you use? I didn't make it work with any (Also didn't know which one to choose). Can you help?

hypamat

Post by hypamat »

i went to outputs - glcd ebm001 and connected it that way, it does respond slowly, however.

thanks,
matt