PPP check before building the program

Please add any feature requests for Flowcode version 6 here

Moderator: Benj

Forum rules
Only feature requests will be considered here. General questions should not be posted in this forum.
MJU

PPP check before building the program

Post by MJU »

Some minor requests..

1) I sometimes forget to power up my Eblocks, or sometimes I forget to choose between my programmers on my USB switch.
I know I'm a bit stupid, but a feature that would help me out could be that "Flowcode" (I think this is done by PPP?) would check if there is a chip in the programmer, check if the programmer board is available and ready, before creating C or assembler code. This way I wouldn't lose time building the code and then find out that the chip couldn't get programmed.
This way the message "no USB-cable connected" or such would warn me at the begin of building the code.

1b) In case there was something wrong with the programmer (like: not powered up), and nothing has changed in the flowchart, not all the code has to be generated again.
I dream of the feature that, when I forget to power up the programmer, PPP warns me that there is something wrong with the chip/programmer/etc, but Flowcode in the meantime keeps building the code and keeps it stored until the problem with the programmer is fixed.
The next time the "send to chip" button is pressed, the already generated code could be send to the programmer without first have to generate it from scratch.

2) The "simulation ended" message, when I stop the simulation is a feature that I would like to see disappear sooner than later.

3) A I2C slave maybe?

4) The settings windows like in V5, not have to use the settings panel