MIDI component problem

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

robin223

MIDI component problem

Post by robin223 »

Hi!
I'm trying to build a device to display incoming MIDI on a few LED displays.
To try and figure this out I've been using my midi interface as the data source to simulate, and attempting to display the 3 bytes of the MIDI on screen.
So far I've not had much luck. The receive doesn't show any activity, I managed to get it to respond once but I'm not sure how.....
I can send midi from flowcode internally, but it doesn't seem to get to the selected hardware either.
The hardware i'm using is an Opendeck board, but i have the same problem when the midi port on my external soundcard is selected.

I've attached the Flowcode6 file, I suspect i'm miles off here, but if anyone can take a look and give me some pointers on where i'm going wrong, I'd really appreciate it. Tried the demo of FC8, but had the same issue.
Thanks in advance.
Robin.
Attachments
midi test.fcfx
(11.17 KiB) Downloaded 235 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: MIDI component problem

Post by Benj »

Hello,

You have specified the MIDI component properties to use flow control, is this correct? If you're not using flow control then this should be disabled or will maybe cause you problems.

Under the simulation properties is the MIDI output property, this should be set to Yes and then the appropriate MIDI port selected.

MIDI on a MCU requires you're project is setup correctly so that the baud rate is correct. Details on how to confirm this are provided here if you wish to move to a MCU.
https://www.matrixtsl.com/wiki/index.ph ... ED_flasher

robin223

Post by robin223 »

Thanks Ben! I'll give it a go

robin223

Post by robin223 »

I gave that a go, but I'm still not able to receive midi in the simulation.

I have two midi devices connected to the computer, the Opendeck and a Behringer sound card.
Strangely, using the flowcode midi example project, if I select Opendeck as the midi output, it outputs midi through to the internal wavetable on the computer.
If I select the Behringer from the menu it outputs to the Opendeck device..... but when i send to midi inputs of either device, I cant see any activity on the receive indicator.
I noticed Flowcode 8 doesnt have an option for midi input, only output, is it possible to receive midi from a device when simulating?

Also currently I only own flowcode 6. But i've been having the same problem on 6 and demo version of 8.
Is there an option to change the baud rate in flowcode 6?
any ideas where i might be going wrong?