ADDING TEXT, AND A STEP THROUGH BUTTON QUERY

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

E*2Engineer

ADDING TEXT, AND A STEP THROUGH BUTTON QUERY

Post by E*2Engineer »

Hello all,
I am trying to name a couple momentary switches, I seem to be able to make text, but not add it to my panel.
I don't know where it is going, if anywhere.

One other question for stepping through programs, Is there a way to step through, and press one of the buttons as well?
This way I can see the result of the button press as I step through.
Thanks in advance!

MAGA= Morons Are Governing America.

Is there a Macro to stop Trumps tweets? (Rhetorical Question, unless of course there is) :?
Attachments
SHEEP COUNT TEXT WOES 7 11 17 0251.fcfx
Sorry so stupid, 0320 and going to bed.
(8.25 KiB) Downloaded 234 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: ADDING TEXT, AND A STEP THROUGH BUTTON QUERY

Post by Benj »

Hello,

You have created text properties in your project so unless you are specifically referencing these variable in your code then these won't do much.

You can rename the switch components to make it more obvious in the program which switch you are calling.
SS1.jpg
SS1.jpg (60.64 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
Any component macros referencing the component will be updated.
SS2.jpg
SS2.jpg (6.17 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
In the Shapes component tool bar you will find a Label component which allows you to add text objects to the panel.
SS3.jpg
SS3.jpg (32.26 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
The text value is set via one of the component properties.
SS4.jpg
SS4.jpg (61.96 KiB) Viewed 2630 times
One other question for stepping through programs, Is there a way to step through, and press one of the buttons as well?
This way I can see the result of the button press as I step through.
The easiest way is probably to change the switch type from momentary to latching.
Key mapping is one way to simulate the button press by holding down a key on the keyboard.
Another way might be to set a breakpoint in the program to pause the program when the switch is pressed, allowing you to step beyond the switch press event.