High Temperature and humidity meltdown!!

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

407charles

High Temperature and humidity meltdown!!

Post by 407charles »

Have you ever experience a high temp. and humidity weather? It's very bad! I'm trying to design a control to track the ambient temp. and humidity to control a plant environment. I'm using the DHT11 humidity/temp. combination sensor with "One-Wire communication protocol. There is a couple examples in the flowcode wiki website but the examples are with the DS1820 blocks for this particular e-block, and the macros are built for this particular sensor (I think). I never perform any program in this communication protocol, and I'm having problems trying to make my program work. Can anybody help me with this please? I'm including my first attempt and the datasheet. Thanks a lot with advance. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Attachments
DHT11.pdf
DHT11 datasheet
(1.45 MiB) Downloaded 287 times
Uno1wire.fcfx
Here is my program.
(9.47 KiB) Downloaded 271 times

acestu

Re: High Temperature and humidity meltdown!!

Post by acestu »

Hi 407Charles,

This post might help you:

http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 26&t=15303

Cheers
Stuart
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

The DHT11 uses one data wire to exchange data with the controller. However the protocol used is not Maxims (previously Dallas Semiconductors) 1-wire protocol. (Which is a proprietary protocol that requires a license to implement on a sensor.) As a result the One-Wire communication protocol implemented to talk to DS1820 devices will not work with the DHT11.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Jac,

Thanks for that info very interesting, so a licence needed for the DHT-11 sensors one wire protocol...

Stuart
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

No, the protocol used for DHT11 is not the licensed protocol. One wire (1-wire) requires licensing from Maxim if you implement it in a slave device like a sensor. The master (controller) part can be implemented for free.
Again, this does not apply to the DHT11 as it uses a different protocol.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

407charles

Post by 407charles »

Thanks a lot.