Code customization ?

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Mathy

Code customization ?

Post by Mathy »

Hello,

In the previous Flowcode release ( V5 ), we had a component folder with the attached .c file for each component.
It was very usefull because I had in the past some troubles with RFID, Accel or FAT component for exemple, and the ability to change some lines directly in the C code save my life.

In flowcode 6, the code customization let me see only the macro ( eg : FCD_0c911_MPU6050__Initialise(); ), but we don't know what happens in this one and I can't open the .c file in the component folder ( .fcpx now ).

Is there a way to customize the components deeper ?

Thank you for your help :)

Ps : I know, I'm annoying today :oops:

JonnyW

Re: Code customization ?

Post by JonnyW »

Hello.

You can create a component and replace a macro in that component, but you do not have direct access to the component source code. This is so anyone developing components has their IP protected.

If there is a bug in any component it is pretty quick (usually) for us to sort once we are aware, and if you need to customise the code for any other reason if you give us the particulars perhaps we can help.

Cheers,

Jonny

Mathy

Re: Code customization ?

Post by Mathy »

Ok I understand better now as it was possible in the previous version, I was wondering if I didn't miss a menu or functionality.

Have a nice day.