System Panel on V6

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Clive44

System Panel on V6

Post by Clive44 »

Hi

I've just started trying to use V6 by loading an existing V5 program which needed a quick and simple mod. The V5 Panel components have been imported into the V6 System Panel but with no text. I know I can edit/amend this but they are tiny and I cannot find how to zoom into them. Only option seems to be 'zoom to 100%' which still leaves them tiny in the middle of the window.

Question - (probably a daft one but ...) how do I zoom into components on the System panel?

Sorry but first impressions are that I need to stick with V5 as a fast, easy way of generating code. I don't need the complication (or learning curve) of 3D graphics. I've looked at the V6 videos but they haven't added much to my knowledge of V6. V5 is quick and easy to generate code - and surely that is the fundamental core idea of Flowcode?

:(

Clive

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: System Panel on V6

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Clive,
I find the easiest way to zoom in and out is hold CTRL key down, then whilst it's held down use scroll wheel on your mouse to zoom in and out.

Martin
Martin

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi.

You can also add these to the dashboard panel, which is more similar to the panel of v5.

There is no real need to get bogged down with 3D if you do not want to. We believe there is currently a gap in markets for products that service both electrical and mechanical devices. Whereas a 2D environment is most beneficial to electronics engineers, as mostly embedded engineers do not have much interest in a graphical representation of a component, for the mechanical side 3D is fast becoming an industry standard. We also believe that in education (where Flowcode historically sells well) realistic simulations are a bonus as schools often have no budget for large amounts of hardware.

As we are now allowing our users to generate their own components it would be very difficult in future to 'upgrade' the system to 3D once a load of established components have been produced. We would very likely find ourselves stuck as an 'outdated' product once rival products are produced to do similar things.

As I say, if you want to use this as it was in v5, there is no issue - the panel is a bit more flexible - you can zoom in and out, and do not have issues like components getting 'lost' off the top of the panel, but all you really need to know in order to control this is:
  • Ctrl-mouse wheel to zoom in/out
  • Alt-click to look at a position on the screen
  • Click on the little blue arrow in the top-left to make the camera look 'directly down'
Once you have these controls you pretty much have everything you need in order to not concern yourself with the 3D aspect of Flowcode.

Cheers,

Jonny

Clive44

Post by Clive44 »

Thanks Martin and Jonny - I will give V6 another go.

Clive