Visi Genie

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Visi Genie

Post by JohnCrow »

Hi
Im trying to get a simple program working with the uLCD32PTU display and VisiGenie

I have programed the display with the Gauge.
I have a simple flowcode program to send a variable to the gauge and slowly increment the output value.
However Im not gettting any respose on the display apart from it showing the gauge(which is not related to flowcode program).

The display has 5V and 0V connected to the EB006
TX to Port C6
RX to Port C7

I have attached the Flowcode and a zip of the VisiGenie files.
Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Thanks
Meter_Test.fcfx
(5.31 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
Meter_Test.zip
(229.53 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

Jordy101091

Re: Visi Genie

Post by Jordy101091 »

John,

I have a quick look at your Flowcode and visi genie,
I have noticed that you have selected the Gauge abject in your Flowcode, I think this has to be the "Visi4D1::VISI_ID_Meter" object.
If you look at the visi genie and go with your mouse over the object you have selected you can see "meter" if you go to the second object in the ribbon then it says gauge.

So you have just selected the wrong component object.

Hope this helps,

Regards Jordy
the will to learn, should not be stopped by any price

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by JohnCrow »

Hi Jordy

Thanks for the tip
I have changed it to Meter, as I can now see what you mean, but it still doesnt work.

Think I must be missing something simple.

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by JohnCrow »

Ive just found Stuarts post about the index numbers.
Have modified by flowchart again, but still not working. Its getting too late now, my brain is going to sleep :?
Meter_Test.fcfx
(5.48 KiB) Downloaded 351 times

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi John,

I will have a look at your chart when I get home and see if it works with my display...
cheers
Acestu
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi John,

Having issues with my FC6 cannot compile at the mo, sorting it out now, however I have changed your chart because the component macro is pointing towards the 4D Gauge and not the Meter, see if it works and I should have mine sorted by then...

cheers
Acestu
Meter_Test_2.fcfx
(4.75 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
Laptop Mac Book Pro i7 retina El Capitan //// Tower/Intel i7-Windows 7 64 Bit, Toshiba i5 Laptop Windows 10
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening windows.

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by JohnCrow »

Hi Stuart
Thanks for the reply

I did change to meter after I saw Jordys post yesterday.
Also I saw your reference to the ID table and changed to ID 16, but still no go.
Meter_Test_3.fcfx
(5.48 KiB) Downloaded 338 times

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi John,

I am just re installing FC6 and then I will program my 877A with your chart and see if my display works, I have already programed my display with your visie genie file...

cheers
Acestu

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi John

Sorry FC6 is taking ages to download, I think the server is getting some hammer, just had a quick look at your chart 3 on other PC and I think where you have 16 it should be 0, because the component already knows that you are wanting to send data to the Meter so you need to tell it that there is only 1 meter and therefore its index = 0

cheers
Acestu

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by JohnCrow »

Hi
I tried that initally, but after seeing your table I though that must be wrong and tried 16

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi John

It's a bit awkward at the moment because I can't open any of my charts on this PC, as soon as I can install FC6 which shouldn't be too long, I will be able to do something.....sorry for the delay

In the chart I posted the numbers are used if you are using the serial interface, but the Flowcode component has them all as names in the dropdown menu

Acestu

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by JohnCrow »

Ok
I'll wait till youve tried it. Must be something simple as Ive only got the one item loaded on the display.

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi John,

I have got FC6 going after a load of trouble with my programmer settings, I have ran your chart with my display connected and it simulates perfectly with non erronous data and on the display the needle sure enough goes up slowly, however when I write to chip and connect it up then it doeas not work, so I will have a mess now I have FC6 working.....
John_Data.png
(38.57 KiB) Downloaded 8308 times
cheers
Acestu

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi John,

I think Benj is the man for this little problem, I don't know why but something is telling me "Baud Rate" for some reason.... :?

cheers
Acestu

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi John,

I have just changed the Baud rate in 4D workshop to 115200, I then changed it to the same in FC6, after I did this the chart would no longer compile and gave this error:
compiler_error.png
(14.09 KiB) Downloaded 8306 times
P.S. I changed the Baud rate back to 9600 and it then compiled again

I think there could be a problem with the visi component

cheers
Acestu

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi John,

getting late now but I just made my own 4D project from scratch with a few different gauges and indicators, I then made my chart and it simulated perfectly with my display doing what it was supposed to but when I came to compile to chip I got same error as your project so I think we have something not right with FC or component...

cheers
Acestu

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by JohnCrow »

Thanks Stuart

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Have you tried the UART in hardware mode at all? Managed to replicate the 115200 baud issue in software mode only, hardware mode seems fine. Also tried running the embedded code using a hardware UART channel and baud looks correct to my USBee. In Software mode there does seem to be an issue so I will see if I can get this resolved.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Fixed it, I think... The number of data bits was somehow set to 0 in the CAL UART component. Should be correctly set to 8 now.

Here is the latest component.
Attachments
Visi4D.fcpx
(20.42 KiB) Downloaded 229 times

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Benj,

Sorry only just seen your post, yes I did try hardware mode, but I see you have done it now, I will test it when I get home later, Thanks for doing it so quick.

Acestu

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi John,

Have you had time to try your original chart yet ?, I have and it is still not working for me....

cheers
Acestu

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Benj,

Are you saying that we have to have the Cal Uart component in our chart ?

thanks
Acestu

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi,

I have tried it with the Cal Uart in the chart aswell but still will not work once downloaded to the chip, It does simulate perfectly with the display connected...

cheers
Acestu

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi Acestu.

The way the components work is each component includes other components and adds a little extra functionality of its own. The CAL UART is included in the RS232 and provides 'low level' details of how to set up the system.

This is common for most components. if you would like to see how any components are structured (for your own curiosity) open the Component Debugger and check 'Expose full component tree in property pane'. The component drop down list will show all the components even if they are part of a sub-component. For RS232 this includes the UART CAL component.
uart_tree.png
(3.43 KiB) Downloaded 8253 times
Jonny

acestu

Post by acestu »

Hi Jonny,

Thanks for the info, where do you open the component debugger, I have looked in the debug menu but I can't see anything there for components.. :?

cheers
Acestu