interface

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

balles

Re: interface

Post by balles »

Hello!

I like the way you show it, couldn't think on a better way, they just are tiny.
And sorry i can't see how do to show them better with this size.
There are two tabs where they are presented, on the tab "Human Inteface Data" it's more easy to read them cause the space between is bigger.
On the tab "UART - RS 231 1" where they are side by side it looks more dificult. Just comparision, don't help to make them bigger...

What do you think about the usb injector data source?
Is there a way to do it or isn't implemented yet?

Greetings

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi. I'll have a play, they are hard to read.

I think the USB injector should be possible if not in there already. Ben wrote the injector components so he will know best, but I don't see why this wouldn't work.

Cheers,

Jonny

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

No current injector components for USB though these could easily be made if required. For USB at the moment the USB components will allow their respective embedded code to talk through to the Simulation.

E.g. USB slave running on an ECIO can talk to the USB Slave component running in simulation.

balles

Post by balles »

Hello Benj,

My intention about asking for the injector is to know how to simulate usb slave or HID to one pc running C# software?
And looking your example of RS232, it seems to me that the injector for usb would be one great tool.
So if there is one way to do this simulation, please can you show me? Maybe with one example.
Or stays the request for a new component usb injector.

Thanks!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Simulating or emulating hardware for other software to tap into is going to be tricky at best. Maybe not impossible but I have no experience of doing this and have seen comments about it being impossible to do this with HID.

I would recommend getting the hardware working using Flowcode and maybe a PIC ECIO as a test bed for the USB comms and then once this is all ok you can start on your C# development knowing the embedded side is all ok and tested. This way you know everything will work rather then getting everything working with some cobbled together emulator only to find the real hardware doesn't work as expected.

SHORTCIRCUIT

Post by SHORTCIRCUIT »

Hi Benj

I installed the latest HI_Injector and I still am not able to type in 3 digits as you explain above.

e.g. 245,128;101,5:,62 89 1101

would read out the following byte values 245, 128, 101, 5, 62, 89, 110, 1

Am I missing something or is it possible that you posted the wrong injector. I know its working because if I pause the program and then put in the 3 digits and then resume running, it takes in the 3 digits correctly.

Larry

balles

Post by balles »

Hi Benj,

I understand your point here, and agree. And Hid is not easy to play with.
Maybe i didn't made myself clear or didn't understand some points over the injector's features. So please be patient.

The injector is for simulation purpose. So on the RS232 example i can type in chars or numerical values to see they go over the communication. Is this correct?

If yes, my idea over usb injector, is to do the same using usb comms. So i could simulate the pic side and take decisions with the values that should come and go over usb comms before to realy have the communication set up. It would gave me the embedded side ok. And so proceed to the C# side before conect them together.

I truly expect you can understand me and clarify were i'm going wrong. Maybe there is one way to do it, and i just didn't found yet.

Thanks a lot!!

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,
The injector is for simulation purpose. So on the RS232 example i can type in chars or numerical values to see they go over the communication. Is this correct?
No, the idea behind the injector component is that it injects the remote end of the communications i.e. the module you are communicating with so you can get valid responses etc. For example the GPS injector injects the data you would expect to collect from a GPS module so we can parse it using the GPS component or simply display it using the RS232 component. Components can talk via the inbuilt COM functionality but that is currently separate from the Injectors to try and simplify things.

I would instead use the USB component directly to develop your embedded firmware and use the USB component in another Flowcode project to debug your embedded comms. Once you have this working you can replace the second Flowcode program with your C# application.
I installed the latest HI_Injector and I still am not able to type in 3 digits as you explain above.
I paused the program and then pasted in the string as is to the RX queue, (245,128;101,5:,62 89 1101). The values should then read out correctly when you unpause the program. Not currently aware of a nice way to make the simulation hold and wait while you are typing in values but might be doable. Will see what Jonny thinks about this.

balles

Post by balles »

the idea behind the injector component is that it injects the remote end of the communications i.e. the module you are communicating with so you can get valid responses etc.
Following this scenario it's possible to have one usb injector for the next releases?
It will be pleasant to try it, just need to wait for Santa Claus as my 30 trial days just end up. :cry:
Maybe till december i got the pic + pro package! :mrgreen:

Cheers!

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Hello all.

Just throwing in my own perspective as another professional user.

I fully understand that the roots of Flowcode arise from making embedded coding accessible to non-professional users, and perfectly understandable that a key focus will be on that community. However, having tried V6 for our own professional requirements, we've stuck with V5 as my entire team didn't like the changes to the UI at-all. Sharing in development requires a common version across the department.

I understand the reasons for many of the changes (object-linked programming dramatically simplifying UI development), but there's certainly clear distinctions between the needs of the professional user (productivity, simplicity, screen space, etc) and the non-professional user who might like to model their projects with sweet, dynamic, self-styled graphics.

I'm sure that Matrix will continue to go from strength to strength, though hoping for a 'professional' version aimed squarely at the professional user. Perhaps high time for a spin-off that's generally a leaned-up version of the current V6 sitting on top of the same engine, with UI specifically engineered against comments from the engaged professional community?

My fear is that V5 will progressively give ground to V6 for support and updates but, for us and evidently others, V5 is the best game in town right now.

All the best,
Brendan