GPS Data forwarded to USB Serial

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Dutchie_World_Wide

GPS Data forwarded to USB Serial

Post by Dutchie_World_Wide »

Hi Guys,

I want to capture 232 serial data, modify the data if needed and forward this to another serial port in the PIC. (USB Serial for now)
But when i Recieve_String on RS232 and then USB_Send_String I am seeing weird things on PuTTy Serial Monitor

I'm seeing double NMEA types but with different data.
Also, the sentences are not recieved as clean as having the GPS straight into putty.
With GPS connected straight to putty, all senstences are recieved pretty much at ones.
When I use USB serial on the ECIO40 putty shows the sentences coming in as if they pause halfway the sentence and then continue

I dont want/cant save every string and then send them all at ones over USB Serial

Why am I seeing double NMEA types and why does it look like the USB_Serial is interrupted while sending strings?

Dutchie
Attachments
Raw_GPS+USB.fcfx
(11.18 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
Dutchie

"This is not a bug, this is a feature!"

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: GPS Data forwarded to USB Serial

Post by Benj »

Hi Dutchie,

I wonder if a delay is being introduced somewhere in the code, maybe in cutting up the outgoing strings to send in USB packets. I have modified your program a bit so it should make it more robust at passing on the data. This is the same way the GPS component collects and processes it's data. The buffer size of 128 I used in the program is probably excessive but have a play and see what works best in practise.
Raw_GPS+USB.fcfx
(13.9 KiB) Downloaded 235 times

Dutchie_World_Wide

Re: GPS Data forwarded to USB Serial

Post by Dutchie_World_Wide »

This works great, thank you Benj.
Dutchie

"This is not a bug, this is a feature!"