Component function C Code

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

Nico595

Component function C Code

Post by Nico595 »

Hi,

I have V6 ARM Pro but I can't found C code function for component or Custom Component in FC6, like FC5.

Can you help me please.
Thank

JonnyW

Re: Component function C Code

Post by JonnyW »

Good morning.

There is no 'C-code' customisation ability like in v5. We are considering this as a possibility but as we can now easily package and pass around components it becomes a lot more difficult to then essentially give away the source for those professional-license components. We are looking into ways to give that feature back.

In the meantime there are many ways to modify and extend components - inheriting from an existing component and writing your own macro layer, for example.

As far as custom components go, in v6 every component is essentially a custom component - there is nothing in any of the existing components you could not write yourself. If you are looking to convert an existing piece of C code into a component, we can help with that.

Cheers,

Jonny

Nico595

Post by Nico595 »

Hi Jonny,

I understand, thank you for your fast answer.

But Custom Component is very important for me, I must use C code for create my Component, no great ^^

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi.

What is it you require to do? Sometimes things are only important because we are not aware of any alternatives. In v6 there are many alternatives - I doubt there is much you can do in v5 that you can not do in v6.

You can link C code into your components in v6 if this is what you want to do to produce a component. All the CAL components work in this way - they hook into the existing hand-written C code supplied with Flowcode. There is nothing we have done here you can not do yourself.

If you have a project in mind and would like us to work through it wth you, you could either post details here or PM myself or someone else at Matrix if the project is sensitive.

Cheers,

Jonny

Nico595

Post by Nico595 »

Ok Jonny :)

I've not found this function, if I can write C Code in a Component it's perfect.
I've modified your component code and designed my component with FC5, I want do the same with FC6.

Thank you.