Problems with Flowcode 6.0.2.0

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

JFinlayson

Problems with Flowcode 6.0.2.0

Post by JFinlayson »

Hi

I have just got time to play with flowcode 6.0.2 and there seems to be a problem, I am running Flowcode on windows 8 tablet it is full version not the RT.
When I go through the exercise on Wiki for creating a new component oneLED it does not work, pin on chip switches on and off but the LED component stays black. There is not a Component Macro under type in Component Manager so I used simulation macro as type.

Also when I load an LCD panel of any type into system panel they do not work even with working flowcharts downloaded frequency counter from here and it is the same LCD is blank although pins are changing on the chip window.

Look foreward to a response.
The older the boy the bigger the toy

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Problems with Flowcode 6.0.2.0

Post by kersing »

JFinlayson wrote:When I go through the exercise on Wiki for creating a new component oneLED it does not work, pin on chip switches on and off but the LED component stays black.
Please use the update function from the Help menu to download (and install) 6.0.3. There are graphics related bug fixes in that version.
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi. Also, can you post your flowchart up to now please?

We can take a look and see if there are any issues. It may be there is a step missing from the wiki, I will have a scan through this and see. It would be easier to find if there is a missing step in your program.

It sounds like, from your description, that there is no event to change the LED colour when your pin connection changes. You can use Menu->View->Component Debugger to see what messages are being fired - Flowcode will only send you a message if there is a macro to receive it. You want to have Connections PinChange associated with a macro.

Cheers,

Jonny

JFinlayson

Post by JFinlayson »

Hi,
I am having problems with other components one I use is the LCD component as I use 1602 modules on some projects, however in Flowcode 6 I am unable to display messages, even although the chip window shows the pins changing, also I have downloaded two components from your web site, and when they are copy into flowcode component directory they are not loaded, when I import them they work, but if I export again they will then be loaded into flowcode but no longer work. As for asking flowcode to update itself, I am away on buisness on a ship for 8 weeks and not alowed to plug anything into ships network, so can not download or update or get help system for Flowcode to work. I can download files to hard drive and copy them over to my machine.
If there is a way to update flowcode other than machine being plugged into internet.
I have attached the oneLED file.

Things to be done in Flowcode 6, Help file on local machine.
Updates to be made available for download rather than through online update.
I find that all the new software that relies on internet connection completely usless, as I am regularly away from internet and usaly always need somthing typically help files and they are invariable not available offline. I think that software writers should take note of this and modify software acordingly. I regularly use flowcode away on site.

Regards :cry:
Attachments
oneLED.fcfx
(7.48 KiB) Downloaded 254 times

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

To get the patch, log in to your matrix account, choose download and look for "(Patch 6.0.3 available here)".
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

JFinlayson

Post by JFinlayson »

Ok updated to V60.3

loaded and tested LCD EB005 text was mirror image then tested other displays and they were OK went back to EBoo5 and then it was Ok as well.

Then went back and tryed to make oneLED component again and it still does not work. Chip pin flashes on and off when tested but LED on system panel does not. I noticed that the oneLED component when exported defaults to panel tryed to change this but does not accept oneLED defaults to onE

you maybe need to look at how components are made to see if it is fault with instructions or fault with my machine or software setup.
:?

JFinlayson

Post by JFinlayson »

tested using component debugging

updates every second with time <system>-<oneLED Graphics.Redraw ()

However component Handle is oneL1 and not oneLED.

could it be that the name being changed when you export a component is the problem? it seems to knock off 2 letters in the name, which is not acceptable if you have two components nearly the same with same name and the last letter or number designating the differance.

It could be that I am naming somthing I should not be when exporting?

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hello. I see this is an error in the wiki - I will fix this when I get a chance.

You have a sim command "Switch on". This sets the value of the property 'color'. The value is also quoted, and shouldn't be.

How the SetValue call works is that the argument is automatically cast to the type the property expects - you can pass anything in, float, string, int, but the 'colour' property expects an int, so the argument is automatically converted to this by Flowcode.

Therefore it decodes the string as an integer. Passing "0xFF" or "255" would work, but the number represented by the string "colour" is zero, so the LED stays dark.
000014_oneLED.fcfx _.png
Correct flowchart
(7.1 KiB) Downloaded 3012 times
This amendment works fine here.

Cheers,

Jonny

PS: This 'implied casting' only happens for simulation icons as we have the luxury to do this in simulation. You may say this can cause confusion. This is true, but the alternative is massive clutter in the API - SetValueAsSigned, SetValueAsFloat, SetValueAsString, SetValueAsUnsigned, SetValueAsBool - just for one call. That is why the decision to behave like this was taken (in case you wondered!)

JFinlayson

Post by JFinlayson »

I should have known that it needed a variable, I thaught you where calling it by its name rather than passing to the variable. I will proceed to learn more of this version. Thanks for the response.

Works fine now.
:)