Inserting bytes into the console in v6

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 6.

Moderator: Benj

JonnyW

Inserting bytes into the console in v6

Post by JonnyW »

Hi.

It has been pointed out that in v5 RS232 can be put into 'byte insert' mode, but this feature was not present in v6.

As of 6.0.3, you can right-click on any console and add the data as both byes and ASCII.
000005_Consoles.png
(9.54 KiB) Downloaded 2318 times
To insert bytes instead of text, click on the byte list and the yellow cursor will appear at the end of the bytes instead of the text. Typing bytes at this point will insert these values into the feed. A byte will not be added to the console until you finish typing it. Clicking on the ASCII part will insert text as characters.

You can also select to insert decimal values instead of hex values. In this mode, ensure you type zeros in to the correct slots, so type '005', not '5'.

I hope this helps with things. Cheers,

Jonny

SHORTCIRCUIT

Re: Inserting bytes into the console in v6

Post by SHORTCIRCUIT »

Hi Johnny

I am not able to do what you are saying here, I tried, but have no clue as to how to do what you describe here.
Where am I going wrong. To achieve inserting a 3 digit byte I have to put it in notepad then copy it and then paste it into the RX queue.

Larry

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi. Can you tell me what steps you are taking to try this?

If you:
  • Ensure your Flowcode is 6.0.3
  • Add the components required to get the console you want
  • Right-click to get the context menu and ensure 'Show data bytes' is selected
  • Make sure the green '00000000' is visible by typing any character in (this is a minor bug that I will fix - it should be there even with a blank console)
  • Click immediately to the right of the '00000000' and the yellow cursor should move to the byte part as in the screenshot above
  • Type 2-digits at a time to enter hex bytes, or uncheck 'Show integers as hex' and enter decimal bytes
If any part of that is not correct then please let me know.

Jonny

SHORTCIRCUIT

Post by SHORTCIRCUIT »

Hi Jonny

I entered as per your listing above. On the last item I unchecked show as hex. On the Human Interface Data it shows each digit as received as hex ( type 073 is received as 0x00 0x07 0x03) If I enter 073 or 73 in notepad, copy it, and then paste it into the Queue of he running program, it is received as 73 which is what I was trying to achieve, but this notepad way is cumbersome.

I am using V6.0.3 Professional in Windows 7 and Open GL 1.01 for what its worth.

In the properties of the Human Interface Injector I have the DataMode set to Numeric data.

Everything I do these days involves RS232 so as you can probably tell this simulation feature is kind of important to me.

Larry

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi. I have not used 'numeric data' in the human interface component. The feature added is not for the component, but a feature of Flowcode.

On dragging an RS232 component and an injector on to the panel, the injector settings are:
000008_Flowcode1 _.png
(5.35 KiB) Downloaded 2167 times
The console when I add in byte mode looks like this:
000007_Consoles.png
(5.9 KiB) Downloaded 2167 times
Flowcode will the send a single byte once you have entered 3 digits, press return space or click the mouse. There is no time limit on inserting the digits, and, thinking about it, cut-paste from Notepad probably wont work in this case anyway.

Jonny