interrupts in v3

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Steve
Matrix Staff

interrupts in v3

Post by Steve »

Interrupt support is a bit limited in v2 of FlowCode - only 3 interrupts are supported. We have a few choices with interrupts in v3:

1) Remove interrupts altogether, and have a generic enable/disable interrupts plus a generic "interrupt" macro that users will customise themselves.

2) Keep interrupt pretty much as-is.

3) Put more effort into improving interrupt functionality by tapping into other available interrupts.

Of course, we'd probably all like as much as possible in an ideal world, but there are time constraints. So I'd like to use this thread to get an idea of:

* how many of you use interrupts

* which interrupts (currently implemented or not) you'd like to have access to

* how 'customisable' you would like interrupt functionality to be (obviously this will be an advanced feature that will require specific knowledge about PICmicros and possibly 'C')

Any feedback about interrupts would be greatly appreciated...

Chet

Post by Chet »

I use the Timer interrupt often. I belive some chips have multiple
timer interrupts. It would be nice to have access to all interupt
funtions built into the PIC.

jimhumphries

Post by jimhumphries »

Steve:

Sounds very encouraging about V3.

My two cents on interrupts:

My applications may not be typical but to-date I've managed to do everything I need to do with polling. When I do eventually need to use interrupts (and I'm sure I will) edge sensitivivity would be a plus. Also a plus would be the ability to interrupt on overflow from at least one of the internal counters that has an external clock input. Sleep and wake features with waking on interrupt - also another plus.

Since I haven't used the V2 interrupt macros I'm not sure what is already available. If the above options are covered in V2 I'd vote to just let those roll to V3.

Regards,

Jim

marc

Post by marc »

Hello Steve,

(Sorry for a late answer)
I mostly use both TMR0 and RB0 interruptions. I think edge sensitivity selection for RB0 would be a plus, allowing the user to choose by himself how and what will be plugged in RB0.

Marc

cruzxia

Interrupts

Post by cruzxia »

Hi Steve

I use Interrupts in most code that I create, It would be good to be able to access some of the other timer’s that are offered on the newer PIC’s. I think that the V2 setup is ok, but maybe you could add some additional selectable options.

Integrating a Micro for each interrupt, Eg .Int_timer0_macro, Int_timer1_macro, Int_portB_macro etc .This way you could enable each one separately and have different timing on each timer or interrupt events.

Maximum function with simplicity.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Thanks for all your replies on this subject. I have a plan that should satisfy all of you...