Config word missing

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

echase

Config word missing

Post by echase »

1) Why do config words not get always saved in the Flowcode file? When I compile it to the PIC using a PICkit 2 the config word seems to get deleted, so even if I make no software changes and send it again the config word is missing.

On a different piece of software whose PIC uses many config words it does remember the words, unless I save the file to a new filename.

2) Is if possible that you could attach the LCD component for the latest v3 software? I had to change mine for one use at your recommendation and now for another use am not completely sure I have changed it back to the right original version. I did save a backup copy but may have got it wrong.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Config word missing

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Is it specific chips that do not save the config information correctly? If so then can you detail which chips cause the problem. Also is this a v3 only problem or have you also seen the problem in v4?

I have attached the up to date bv3 LCD component C file.
Attachments
LCDDisplay_Code.c
(7.4 KiB) Downloaded 296 times

echase

Post by echase »

It is for the 16F690, the common chip that often comes with the PICkit 2 on Microchip's low pin count develpment PCB.

I don't have v4.

Incidentally I am not convinced that PPP has every clock possibity for the 690 listed. But I may be confused because PPP names the options differently to some other data sources.

echase

Post by echase »

Mea culpa. I had forgotten that even for single config words I need to add the 0x2007 (or similar) address before the config word.

Also PPP does have all the clock options but confusingly names some of them quite differently from the Microchip data sheet.