how to do temperature test?

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

alango15

how to do temperature test?

Post by alango15 »

hi
I'm a student. My school has a E-block and Flowcode V3. And we would like to do the temperature sensor test.
We would like to know the detail instruction and step about doing the temperature test.
And now we really have Wide range stainless steel temperature probe, E-Blocks LCD board, E-blocks sensor interface-EB003-30-2, PICmicro® MCU Multiprogrammer EB006-00-7.

please held me. because i really want to make it done
thank you for your help

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: how to do temperature test?

Post by Benj »

Hello,

All you have to do is to is add a ADC component to your program, select component connections and attach it to AN3 I think. Next create a while 1 loop and Inside this loop sample the ADC and collect the reading as a byte. Then use the LCD Print Number function to send the number to a LCD. Then add a small delay say 1 second and your done.

You should then be able to compile the program to hardware to see the value on the LCD changing with the input temperature.

alango15

Post by alango15 »

thank you for your help

alango15

Post by alango15 »

i would like to know the flow chart of that test
thank you

and also i want to know why the LCD doesn't display anything when i do the LCD test.
And has no error came out
Is it the license problem?

thank you
Attachments
lcd.JPG
(62.82 KiB) Downloaded 1365 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,
and also i want to know why the LCD doesn't display anything when i do the LCD test.
And has no error came out
Is it the license problem?
Please could you attach your Flowcode program to the forums and I will have a look for you. Are you testing on hardware or using the Flowcode simulation?