ECIO arm windows 7 driver

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

rene

ECIO arm windows 7 driver

Post by rene »

How to install the Ecio ARM driver with windows 7 ?

error when i try to install the driver...message = DPInst.exe does not execute on your current Operating system

Will it be possible to use the ECIOArm with windows 7 (starter) who can tell how !

Thanks

Rene

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: ECIO arm windows 7 driver

Post by Benj »

Hello Rene,

The bootloader that currently comes with the ECIO ARM is non 64-bit compatible. We were using a standardised driver from Atmel and it never got updated to include 64-bit functionality. We have fixed this problem in Flowcode v4 ARM by changing the bootloader so that it is now a HID USB connection so it will work on any OS.

I will get back to you about updating Flowcode v3 to work with the ECIO ARM on a 64-bit OS.

The unfortunate news is that to install the new bootloader onto the ARM or ECIO ARM devices you are going to need a 32-bit OS to allow the Atmel driver to work. I know this is annoying and awkward for some so one option is to install a virtual machine program such as virtual box where you can temporarily install a 32-bit OS onto a virtual hard drive while running your 64-bit OS in the background. This should allow the driver to work though I have not tested it personally.

rene

Post by rene »

I use windows7 (starter) its a 32 Bits os.
ECIO arm driver on windows xp works fine but not with W7

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Ah ok I see the problem. Rather then running the installation exe you will have to go into device manager and manually install the driver. For some reason Windows 7 changed the way that the DPinst framework was allowed to install drivers.

To get to device manager do the following.

Right click the computer icon and select properties, On the left hand side of the window is a link to device manager.

Find the device that is missing the driver and right click and select update or install driver software.

Select to install the driver manually and then point the installer to the location where you have the driver saved on your PC. This should then install the driver correctly.

Let me know how you get on.