Compiling to PIC

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

miz.man

Compiling to PIC

Post by miz.man »

hi

I am a new user of this forum and I would like to thank Matrix Multimedia for such help to its customers and other users.

I am working on a simple control system. I am still using programing kit v2. The PIC which I am using is PIC16F84. The Flow Code consists of 5 input switches and an LCD display. The simulation on the software is functioning properly, as I wanted, but then when it was compiled to the PIC the input didn't function.

I m sorry if this is no the right place to post this query.

Thank you

Manuel

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Compiling to PIC

Post by Benj »

Hello Manuel

I will move the post to the Flowcode topic thanks,

Have you checked that your Chip -> Configuration is correct. You may need to switch to the XTAL setting for the program to run correctly on the hardware.

Also have you checked the voltages going to the switches on the input pins. Could be a small problem with the hardware rather then the software.

miz.man

Re: Compiling to PIC

Post by miz.man »

Hi

Sorry for the very late reply on this post. I was during last semester. we were able to solve that problem, however in this semester the kit was giving us trouble again. for instance when trying to 'detect on board PIC' a popup said Could not identify on board PIC. This might be because we are using very old computers and have an old kit which works on a parallel port. One thing which help a lot was to uninstall all the software and reinstall it again. That was what we did this year in order to work on our projects.

We were promised a new computer and a new Kit, so at least we could work without trouble. Eagerly waiting for the new kit :P
thank you very much
regards
Manuel