Flowcode_AVR connection point compiler error

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Sean
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Flowcode_AVR connection point compiler error

Post by Sean »

Some Flowcode for AVR programs fail to compile when connection points are used. The following error is reported in the 'Compiler Messages' window:

error: label at end of compound statement

This problem can be solved by including a C code block with the following contents immediately after a label:

asm("nop");

This single assembler instruction is sufficient to separate the connection point from the end of the statement, and has a minimal effect on the operation of the program.

goblin

Re: Flowcode_AVR connection point compiler error

Post by goblin »

"c:1116: error: label at end of compound statement"
I have a similar problem (bug) but have problems in placing this c code block
I really thought programming in flowcode was simple and does NOT involve any C code.
But that seems to be on the wish list.
The flow-code i have wrote is small but the compiler messages points to line 1116.

How do I find the relation between line 116 and the actual label in flowcode (without any knowledge of C)
rgds

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode_AVR connection point compiler error

Post by Steve »

I'm sorry you are finding that Flowcode is not an easy way to program microcontrollers. It is not our intention to create a graphical programming language that totally replaces the need for C programming, but Flowcode should make it easier for beginners to create programs and for more advanced users to get to a working prototype very quickly. The majority of feedback that we get from our users is positive.

If you can suggest any ways where Flowcode can become simpler for you to use then please send me your comments or post on this forum and we'll try to rectify this situation.