Flowcode and IDE and MPLAB

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

andy20989

Flowcode and IDE and MPLAB

Post by andy20989 »

Hello,

Flowcode is great, its really helping me out on my project at University- however I struggeling to program the chip with it! I have ICD2 and MPLAB however I'm pretty much stuck from there.... any ideas?

Cheers Andy

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Flowcode produces a HEX file, which can be taken by most programmers and downloaded to the PICmicro. I'm not sure if this is possible with the ICD2 - as far as I know, you can only use it from within MPLAB.

Flowcode also produces an ASM file, and you could use this as a basis for a new project within MPLAB - that way you could use the ICD2.

andy20989

Post by andy20989 »

Cheers steve....

I get errors when I try and right long charts though.... MPLab doesn't seem to like Org Addresses and seems to think the charts are too big for the PIC?

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

Have you selected the correct target in MPLAB? Also, is there a linker script that is reserving some of this memory?

If you're still having problems, send your flowcode program (and the C / ASM files) to our support email address and we'll have a look into this problem.

saschech@gmx.de

flowcode with MPLAB

Post by saschech@gmx.de »

Hallo andy

I work with this configuration without problems.
If you giv me the mail-adress i send you the steeps
to program over mplab with the icd2 >> pic.

regards wolfgang