Components

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Are you think Flowcode need more integrated components?

No, the currents are enough
No votes
Yes, I very happy if see a few new one
30%
Yes ,I need mutch more
41%
Yes, and I gladly develop some if is there a sipmle SDK for it
30%

Total votes: 44

kovacs.peter

Components

Post by kovacs.peter »

Hi all!

I bought Flowcode only for a few weeks, and it's a great devtool!

But theere is a weak pont: The components :cry:
Includede components are great, but a lot of good thinks missig as I think.

How can I get more component :?:
(At the moment I need a stepper motor component)

I have only the student version of Flowcode 3, in the other versions are there more components?

P.S.:
I work as a software developer, developing Windows softwares in .NET (C#), if in the future avalible some kind of component SDK (the current VB version not so durable for me) for .NET I intrested in very mutch :wink:
Dolo pugnandum est, dum quis par non est armis

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

A stepper motor component could be quite a good idea.

There are more components available in the Professional version. See the flowcode datasheet for full details.

We are also looking into creating a SDK for components.

kovacs.peter

Post by kovacs.peter »

Hi!

Thanks for fast answer!
I try to find a Student and Pro version comparison in the datasheet, but can't find a full detailed comparison.

Can you please tell me where can I find a list of components avalible in the Pro version?

I wish you good work for the SDK! I think if it release, Flowcode step ito a new dimension...

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

There is a custom component which allows users to add their own hardware macros. However we do not offer support for this component. You can design your macros by modifying the Custom_Code.c file in the components directory.

I think the detailed comparison is available on page 8 of the Flowcode datasheet.

Also I have been given the go ahead for the Stepper motor component so it should be available soon.

kovacs.peter

Post by kovacs.peter »

Benj wrote: Also I have been given the go ahead for the Stepper motor component so it should be available soon.
Thanks! You are the BEST :!: :D

goldwingers

Had this one before

Post by goldwingers »

I still think that a slow frequency clock would be a good one, I know you have made the PWM unit but having an analogue input with a frequency range upto say 1KHZ would be great for low frequency pulses.

Ian

FCCHow

Post by FCCHow »

Well, apart from having to look at new components, I would very much prefer a guided tutorial that explains in terms of macros, interrupts, how each component works, etc.

The tutorial files included in the Flowcode software is fine but it just stops there. So in the end, every program that I have successfully programmed to a PIC, I have a feeling that it could be done much better or more efficient with macros and interrupts instead of one long string of repeated commands.

Thanks.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

We have a course called an introduction to microcontroller which is available for free on our website. This is a complete starter guide for PIC programming with Flowcode. This should answer most of your questions.

As well as this there are help files available for all of the components. Simply go into the component properties and click on the help button.

FCCHow

Post by FCCHow »

Wow. Thank you. I actually forgot about that section ever since I went into your Forum.

Mikat

Post by Mikat »

Stepper motor is nice,but what i like to see,is the graphical lcd component..
The charater display is good,but same size glcd could show much more information at the same display size...
And the cheap glcd,like 128x64 dont cost more than charater lcd...
So the glcd component is number one at my wishlist..

serstel

Post by serstel »

Hello

What I really like to see is a servo component and a servo signal input component. These two are quite tricky to program using the present components and it is even harder to have them both in one program.

Eric

Post by Eric »

I would be very happy if there would be a component for:
graphical display
stepper motor
real one wire component without using the custom component

mytekcontrols

Post by mytekcontrols »

I would like to see the PWM component support the full 10-bit range, and not just a byte as it is now. Essentially I want to be able to pass this value within an integer.
Michael St. Pierre
FlowCode V3&V4 Pro Registered User
Manufacture: Heat Load Controllers,
and a variety of other widgets.

dsanderson

Re: Components

Post by dsanderson »

I would REALY like to see real one wire component as well.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

A number of Custom code beta component have now been released for Flowcode.

If you would like us to develop these component further or develop new components then please let us know via this forum page.

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/Flowcode_Components.php

The component code is provided on a as is basis.

nils

Post by nils »

Hello there

while I was using a lot of custom functions (20+) in my project I felt the need of an easier way to "code" only and let a script do my dirty work of filling out the MacroNames, MacroReturns,... and so on.
Finally I began this week and am now finished and can say that it works in Windows as well as it does on my Mac where I coded it.
If one wants to use it, you need Perl (e.g. from activestate.com), place my script into the same folder as the Custom_Code.c file, then edit your file and run the script via command line "perl set_code.pl" it then scans the file and backs it up with the unix style time stamp.

I hope you like it as much as I do

Regards
Nils

edit: another problem is, if MatrixMultimedia changes their style of Custom_Code.c, my script won't likely work anymore, so be happy right now.
Attachments
set_code.pl.zip
(3.68 KiB) Downloaded 1163 times
Custom_Code.c help needed? -> http://tinyurl.com/2y2mzq
Flowchart high quality vector graphic output =>>http://tinyurl.com/6sx2sx

ALAN_26

Post by ALAN_26 »

Hello
Are these beta components compatible with Flowcode For AVR ?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Alan

No the Beta component are only compatible with Flowcode_PIC sorry about this, However if you are good at C code you should be able to edit the C code files to convert the target from a PIC to an AVR.

alain31

Post by alain31 »

Dear MatrixMultimedia team,
One more post on this forum for tonight, I would have two requests about new components, the first one would be an I2C sonar sensor like the MSU10 or SFR08, and the other would be the I2C compass CMP03. Both of these components are widely used for personal robots and would be a nice evoution from your Formula Micromouse development. An IR range sensor would be great too, but it might easier to go from your ADC examples to get it working.
Thanks for all your work.

Alain

chevy6600
Flowcode V4 User

Re:

Post by chevy6600 »

serstel wrote:Hello

What I really like to see is a servo component and a servo signal input component. These two are quite tricky to program using the present components and it is even harder to have them both in one program.
I second the above. :mrgreen:
There is a growing push in industry to use pwm to control motors, from a power saving view point as well as better products, this is from microchip tech themselves! This is why they are increasingly putting pwm functions in the pic chips, and others are wanting to use the facility.
People are using the pic to control fans to cool computers more effectively.
The radio control folk use servo`s predominately and use the pic chips in a big way, this also includes the r/c hobbyist who programs pics themselves developing unmanned flying machines.
The robotics folk use pwm with servo`s in a big way, also doing there programing.
So if the hardware out there is covering all the above i think the software should be able to take advantage too!...Also, schools do projects covering all the above! and they are a target customer of yours i think!.
So how about having a SERVO component and a more POLISHED PWM FUNCTION to increase the usefulness of flowcode. :mrgreen:

msnm4

Post by msnm4 »

The ideal solution would be a tool similar to the Application Maestro from Microchip, but generating C code. After that will be true the statement: no coding, no limits. Otherwise, will not very 100% flexible for me.

Regards

mabd

Post by mabd »

I like to see (develop-test) more usb devices and some mechatronics examples.
Also a pdf manual might be useful.

ROMANO1

Design automatic gate house Flowcode Component

Post by ROMANO1 »

Good morning

I have already designed a graphical component for Flowcode V2 with the SDK
in VBasic.

It is an automatic gate house.

For the moment the component operates under Flowcode V2 but not Flowcode V3.

I asked for help from MAtrix, waiting.

You can contact me for more information if you want.

Best regards

T. ROMANO

Electronic Teacher
LT J. Verne
Chateau Thierry
France

Alex@Honda

Post by Alex@Honda »

I am looking at interfacing a digital three axis accelerometer to a PIC, is there any chance of generating a custom component for this application?

The device i am looking at using is:

3 axis LIS3LV02DQ accelerometer from ST Micro

Any help people can give is greatly appreciated.

Alex

omega_elite

Post by omega_elite »

Please please please can you add a DMX RX/TX component, i have the demo version of this software and would gladly buy Flowcode 4 Pro Devboard bundle if there was a DMX component !!!