hp488 boards will not connect

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

MHJ

hp488 boards will not connect

Post by MHJ »

I have tried everything to get the above boards working, we are using PPV3 and have been emailing Ben tried all the things Ben and the forum suggested but still getting error saying USB not connected.
Many Thanks

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: hp488 boards will not connect

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Does the device appear in the windows device manager when you plug it in? The device manager should visibly refresh if it detects a device being plugged in. If device manager is refreshing then it could be that the USB driver needs installing to allow the board to function. If there is no change in device manager then it could be the USB chip on the board or another part of the electronics has failed. These boards are now pretty old and well out of warranty but I still have a few I use on a regular basis so they certainly should work.

MHJ

Post by MHJ »

yes it does detect the board in device manager and I have installed EB006 driver. We have 4 HP488 boards in total and they all show the same fault. I don't think its the boards that are at fault, there must be something I am doing wrong.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Here is something to try, specifically the power management fix.

http://www.matrixtsl.com/support/viewto ... 178a5aa15a