PIC12F629 configuration/program memory failed; PIC16F648A ok

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Mark

Post by Mark »

Steve,

Is this all sorted now? If so I may have a look at my implementation to see why it did not work for me.

Are the amendments all in v3.1?

Thanks

Mark
Go with the Flow.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

I don't think it is, Mark.

For me, unselecting the "Use IncXCmd" option solved the problem. But I don't think it did for Michael.

It could be that I have a newer version of the PPP software on my PC. I will have a look at this here this afternoon on a clean install of Flowcode to see if this also has the problem.

NickDA

Post by NickDA »

Hi Steve,
I have the same problem, I've written some very simple LED flashing code in Flow 3.1.0.31 with remarkably similar results. I've also tried with other hex code written with MPLAB and downloaded via PPPv3 (ver. 3.8.11.24), same result i.e. chip not programmed. In each case the "Use IncXCmd" option was disabled.
Could you send me the "new" .fcd file and I'll try that.
I've also noticed that after several programming attempts the autodetect button in PPP fails to ID the PIC. After that a full erase sometimes brings the PIC back to life but sometimes not and I'm getting a little fed up, I've lost two now and they're not that cheap!
Best regards,
Nick

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

I have had a good play around with the 12F629 here using the Matrix hardware, PPP 3.9 and Flowcode V3.2. I was unable to program the PICmicro until I changed the retain OSCCAL option to unticked.

To do this I opened Flowcode and clicked Chip -> Configure -> Options and unticked retain OSCCAL value.

Then once the chip was programming ok I tested every aspect.

I/O Pins, Internal Osc, Internal MCLR, Auto ID etc. Every programming cycle works correctly and there have been no problems.

If this is not what you are experiencing then please let me know.