Preprocessor failure

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 2 and 3.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Billm

Preprocessor failure

Post by Billm »

Following system recovery after being virused I am unable compile in Version 3 and I get the following message.

038-001-001 Rev 2 LOOP VER WIP.c
Starting preprocessor: "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\pp.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\Bill\Desktop\XP8\038-001-001 Rev 2 LOOP VER WIP.c" -i "C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode V3\BoostC\include" -d _PIC12F675 -la -c2 -o "038-001-001 Rev 2 LOOP VER WIP.pp" -v -d _BOOSTC -d _PIC16

Warning: can't start preprocessor
C:\Documents and Settings\Bill\Desktop\XP8\038-001-001 Rev 2 LOOP VER WIP.c(14): error: failure

failure

Return code = 1

The file could be compiled before the virus and i am still able to use PPP to program chips from existing files but am now unable to modify and code until this is cured HELP please

Flowcode was unable to compile the flowchart's C code due to the following errors:

If your flowchart contains C code, please review this carefully. If your flowchart contains no C-code or you have thoroughly reviewed the code, contact Technical Support.

FINISHED

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Preprocessor failure

Post by Benj »

Hello,

It looks like your compiler has been corrupted.
Warning: can't start preprocessor
Some anti virus programs actually see the Flowcode BoostC compiler as a virus due to its name so you may have to be a bit careful when removing viruses from your computer.

Since the Flowcode file is still opening I would assume that that file itself is still ok.

Therefore uninstalling and reinstalling Flowcode should allow you to compile again as normal.

Let me know how you get on.

Billm

Post by Billm »

Will this need a new registration key?

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

No you should simply uninstall and then re-install and leave the key entry part blank at the end of the installation. This way your previous keys will be retained.

If you do enter your CD key again then you will need to follow it up with your existing registration details from your registration email.