question about full version and 4D Systems gLCD

Moderator: Benj

Mr.Tido

question about full version and 4D Systems gLCD

Post by Mr.Tido »

Hello,
my name is Tido, from Germany and I'm new to this community.
I was playing around with the Flowcode free edition and a ECIO40 for a while
and I'm pretty much impressed by the software so far. It is much easier than all the
other stuff I tried :idea: .
But know I have a project in mind that involve a graphic display with touchscreen,
like the display used in the E-Block EB076. I have seen in the Forum that this display
is from 4D Systems, because I want to use only the display instead of the E-block.
But therefor I need to buy the full version of Flowcode,
unfortunately it is a big bag of money for me, :shock:
so I want to be sure that it is possible to use this display alone, together with the ECIO40.

And the other problem is, that 4D Systems has not the same display in stock anymore.
The display µLCD-32PT seems to be dead :cry: and there is a new display called µLCD-32PTU,
does this one also works with Flowcode?
However, in the forum is mentioned that there will be a Flowcode V6, would it be better to wait
for that version (maybe there some pretty cool function I didn’t even thought of), or is it possible to
upgrade later to V6 for free or at least only a little money? 8)
Thanks for your help. I'm sure I will come back with some more serious questions
once I started my project. :oops:
we thought all thoughts,
we said all words,
we just forgot to act.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: question about full version and 4D Systems gLCD

Post by Benj »

Hello Tido,

Welcome to the forums.
so I want to be sure that it is possible to use this display alone, together with the ECIO40.
Yes this will work without the E-block and will also work with the newer uLCD032PTU display.
However, in the forum is mentioned that there will be a Flowcode V6
If you buy v5 and then decide to upgrade to v6 then you will get a discount off the v6 price. Probably something like 50% off the sale price.

V6 is some way off, currently estimated for release in July so it's up to you if you decide to wait or not, v6 is currently looking seriously cool.