Select-Create Custom Sequence

Moderator: Benj

Brendan

Select-Create Custom Sequence

Post by Brendan »

I am relatively new to Flowcode so forgive me if I've overlooked anything obvious, but would like to suggest the following...

Select-Create Custom Sequence:
I realise that you can create custom Macro's, but for sequences repeated throughout the process flow it would be so useful to simply be able to drag a box around a sequence of chart elements, right-click, and (say) "Create Sequence" (rather than coping and pasting groups). The user could then custom-name the sequence (e.g. "Flash Green LED", "Print Hello World", etc.) which could then be re-called as many times as necessary as a single block, keeping extensive charts much more succinct and visibly intuitive. Re-use of sequences would simply change how they are visibly represented in the GUI.

An extension to this would be able to expand created sequences to review and edit them.

All the best,

Brendan

Jordy101091

Re: Select-Create Custom Sequence

Post by Jordy101091 »

Yeah Brendan,

This a fantastic Idea I hope that is going to be implemented into the next version of Flowcode.
Great thinking.

Regards Jordy
the will to learn, should not be stopped by any price

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi there. Nice idea.

I think macros pretty much do this job already (a macro is a custom sequence and allows editing, expanding, etc), but the ability to be able to create a macro from a series of selected icons has never been suggested before (as far as I know). There is a lot already in the pipeline for future versions of Flowcode, but time permitting I'd like this to be something we get in there.

Cheers,

Jonny

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Many thanks for your thoughts and early replies.

Having recently upgraded to a professional license for personal use, and two additional licenses as a productivity tool for my development staff, you'll probably guess that I like it :wink:

Looking forward to future developments, and happy to reciprocate in some small way.

All the best,

Brendan

Enamul

Post by Enamul »

Hi Brendan
Your Linkedin profile shows that you are a high profiled person. It's a great thing that this MM platform enables us to share our views to improve this nice piece of software..which helps thousands of people in learning and developing system which was bit tough otherwise.
Enamul
University of Nottingham
enamul4mm@gmail.com

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Thanks Enamul.

Embedded code is something I've not really had the time to 'get into' before, particularly as I professionally manage software/hardware developers who do this for me. A poor and lazy excuse I know, but my interests in embedded were recently inspired by the development of a personal project. FlowCode is a fantastic tool to have in the box, with a shallow learning curve.

It deserves a better profile than 'educational' though, particularly as it gets the job done fast as a productivity tool. In view of this I recently purchased licenses for professional use, whereupon a competent software engineer suggested to me that it was for people who couldn't write software... until I asked where LabView fitted in - and something that he frequently used himself :wink:

An inspired tool that will go from strength to strength, and Kudos to the developers!

All the best,

Brendan