Disable Icons Option

Moderator: Benj

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Disable Icons Option

Post by JohnCrow »

The disable icons in FC5 is a very useful feature, but could it be taken a bit further?

Ive just been working on a program where I needed to disable all the icons in a macro, I did this by highlighting everything and clicking on 1 icon and selecting disable.
The macro has about 40 icons with decision branches in it, so highlighting it all is a bit slow.
Would it be possible to click on the macro tab and select disable all icons in macro.
Thanks
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: Disable Icons Option

Post by DavidA »

Ive always wanted a "Select All" or the use of Ctrl+A to select all icons in the current macro, i think this would accomplish the same thing!

JonnyW

Re: Disable Icons Option

Post by JonnyW »

Select all is an easy thing to add - as long as we have the text for it in each language we could add it easily. May be (though no promises) for the next release.

A way to disable all icons in a macro without selecting them all is to disable each call of the macro instead.
  • In the project explorer, find the macro that you wish to disable
  • Right click on the icon and select 'list all occurrences' from the menu
  • You can then select all calls to this in 'Find Results', right click and select 'disable'
To re-enable go to the 'disable' icon list and select 'Remove All' from a context menu. This has the added advantage of not eating up the stack when the macro is disabled.

Jonny