Configuration of PIC24FxxKA302 not possible

Moderator: Benj

Nigel_K
Flowcode v5 User

Configuration of PIC24FxxKA302 not possible

Post by Nigel_K »

For a project I wanted to use a PIC24F32KA302 controller that can be chosen when creating a new project in Flowcode. When I want to configure the chip (=>project options>configure) a message box appears that's saying "unrecognized chip". Furthermore in the drop-down menu of the configure window there's no PIC24F32KA302. Same for PIC24F16KA302. I don't know whether this is also the same for other targets. Actually this is very bad for me because those controllers are the best (Flowcode-supported) choice for the projects I have on my schedule...
Could you please help to solve this issue?! I'd be glad to get a statement soon. :)

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Configuration of PIC24FxxKA302 not possible

Post by kersing »

Drop the two files included in the attached ZIP in the Tools\PPP folder of you installation (C:\Program Files (x86)\Flowcode(dsPIC)\v5\Tools\PPP) and you should be able to configure the PIC24F32KA302. I can add the PIC24F16KA302 as well if required.
Attachments
ppp_update.zip
(37.83 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

Nigel_K
Flowcode v5 User

Post by Nigel_K »

Thank you so much (again)!! :D
With those files I can configure the chip in Flowcode now. Whether it works on the target I can't figure out yet - I'll order the chips today!
By the way: Yes, a same support for the PIC24F16KA302 would be great too. ;)
P.S.: Is there any "DIY" for modifying those "PPP"-files or is it "closed" knowledge for MatrixMultimedia & Valued Contributors?! I couldn't find a fitting entry in the forum...

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

The files are basically a translation of the configuration information in the Microchip data sheets into parameters for PPP. I am not aware of any information on the subject on the forums, haven't gotten any from MM either, just studied the files (some time ago).
I will try to add the other devices later in a few days.

― C.S. Lewis

Nigel_K
Flowcode v5 User

Post by Nigel_K »

Ah ok, it's more "getting into it" then.
I'm not that familiar with the "Flowcode-background" yet...
BUT I figured out today, that my project needs more an up- than a downgrade concerning the controller. :shock:
So I have probably to switch to the "PIC24F32KA304" with which it is the same ("no configure out of the box..."). So if you would add another PPP (in terms of my "needs"), I'd rather ask you for the PIC24F32KA304 now. - Sorry for this turn. :oops:

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by kersing »

No problem. The 304 should have been there as MM included it, somehow I managed to remove it, so my bad.

Attached a new archive with the two files, 24F32KA304 is there, so are the 24F16KA302 and 24F32KA302. (I tried to configure all three to make sure.)
I haven't been able to test them as I don't have these devices available, feel free to contact me if there are any issues.
Attachments
ppp_update2.zip
(37.94 KiB) Downloaded 307 times

― C.S. Lewis

Nigel_K
Flowcode v5 User

Post by Nigel_K »

Yes, it seems to work now! :D
Thanks again for your fast support - and for sure I'll let you know (here) if there should be an issue related to the configuration on the real target. ;)