ATTINY4313 issue with Flowcode5 [SOLVED]

Moderator: Benj

Alberta2012
Flowcode v5 User

ATTINY4313 issue with Flowcode5 [SOLVED]

Post by Alberta2012 »

Hi everyone,

I want to use an ATTINY4313, as it is a supported chip.

When I create a new project, I can select that chip, no problem.

When I go to Build/Project Options/Configure Chip, I then get the following error message:

"unrecognised chip on command line: <ATTINY4313>"

<DELETED by moderator> is going on ?

dazz

Re: ATTINY4313 issue with Flowcode5

Post by dazz »

Hi

First off can you kindly refrain from swearing ,i know its abbreviated and you are frustrated but it will ensure a more rapid response. :)

The 4313 seems to be missing from ppp config 1 and 12, I have attached updated files to this post.
I haven't got a 4313 to test, so am offering these updates untested. If you want to use them go to your flowcode(avr) folder. select tools, ppp, copy your original ppp_config_data1.cfg and ppp_config_data12.cfg and put them somewhere safe, once done copy the attachments into your ppp folder and try again, i'm sure it will be fine. (last time i added an at chip to the ppp files it worked fine).
A quick explanation of what i changed , in file 1 i added the at4313 to the defines and increased the chip count by 1 ( this allows the chip to show in the config dropdown box
in file 12 i added the fuse defines ,checked both datasheets and they looked identical so simply copied the 2313 entry and renamed it
Let us know how it goes

Regards
Dazz
ppp_config_data1.cfg
(25.21 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
ppp_config_data12.cfg
(108.82 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

Alberta2012
Flowcode v5 User

Post by Alberta2012 »

Hi Dazz,

Sorry for the abbreviated swearing: I was not frustrated, but rather like ...what am I missing here ???

I tried what you've posted, and it seem to be working so far (in design mode; Haven't tried to download yet)

Is it fair to assume that someone at Matrix is going thru these posts and takes note of the small bugs we encounter (like this one) and make sure they are fixed ??

Also, is there a way to know what is the current version: I bought V5, but just as with most softwares, I'm guessing there must be Service Pack, that fixes those minor bugs ?!?! If so, how can we download those bug fixes ??

Funny thing also, when you go to the page where you can actually buy the software, the header talks about version 6 !!!

http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/product ... $PHPSESSID

Anyway, this being said, thanks for the help !!!

Jasmin

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi
in flowcode click help about it should be v5.5.2.1 (30.01.2013)
or in help click check for updates
Yes matrix do check and either fix stuff on the fly in posts and may issue an update.
The reason V6 is shown on the page is that it's nearing completion so the website has been updated with the placemarks for when the release comes, the matrix staff are busy with V6
Again as you can appreciate sometimes things like this slip through the net as like with other software of this type it would be nigh on impossible to test every chip supported. but where flowcode differs is that the matrix staff will pick up on this and check the files that i and others post, and if there's a glaring error will correct it
Again let me know when you program your chip even if its a one second flasher
Hope that helps
Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

Alberta2012
Flowcode v5 User

Post by Alberta2012 »

Hi Dazz,

just realised that when I go to "configure chip", the shown memory size is still 2048 K (instead of the expected 4096K)

Is this going to be an issue ?

Jasmin

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Jasmin
If you open the 12 file i sent find [ATtiny4313] then change the following entry from

Code: Select all

~pgmmem=0x0007ff
TO

Code: Select all

~pgmmem=0x000fff
save the file and try again ,let me know if it works

Regards
Dazz

Alberta2012
Flowcode v5 User

Post by Alberta2012 »

Dazz,

first of all, sorry for the late reply: I have a bad habit ...I need to work sometime.... (was out on a customer's site...)

the file/modif you've sent me worked perfectly !

Thanks !

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi alberta
Glad its ok and working, remember to keep the files as if you need to reinstall flowcode at any point you will also need to copy over those folders

Regards
Dazz

Added a zip containing the files above and a couple more(the 12 file also has been updated as above) , copy to your AVR tools ppp folder
ppp updated.zip
(33.65 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
Attachments
ppp updated.zip
(33.65 KiB) Downloaded 348 times

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: ATTINY4313 issue with Flowcode5 [SOLVED]

Post by Benj »

Thanks Dazz,

I have made a copy of your updated files so we have the latest version on file.