eeprom read/write

Moderator: Benj

frankSchulz
Flowcode v5 User

eeprom read/write

Post by frankSchulz »

Hi there,
Please can anybody help.
I am trying to simulate the eeprom component. after the LCD is updated from a key pressed on the key board I write to eeprom but all that happens in the component block is zero's are returned the data column.

Not sure how to insert my flowcode in this request.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: eeprom read/write

Post by Benj »

Hello Frank,

Please can you attach your Flowcode program file so far and we will have a look.

frankSchulz
Flowcode v5 User

Post by frankSchulz »

Hi thank you for getting.
You know what it like at 57 grey and slow. I have attached the flowcode file.

Regards, Frank.

EEPROMTESTRW.fcf
Attachments
EEPROMTESTRW.fcf
(11.5 KiB) Downloaded 311 times

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi frank

I havent got time to check your flowchart tonight but have a look at this thread on writing to eeprom, also note dont write to location zero, start at location 1
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/mmforum ... rom#p34681 there are many other examples on the forum

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by JohnCrow »

Hi Frank
Ive just tried your code in simulation. (Not tried it on hardware though) seems to work ok.

When I press a key on the keypad the key number is shown on the LCD and the ascii value is stored in the EEProm.
Then the next key press shows the value on the LCD and stores the ascii in the next EEprom location.

Can you give a bit more explination what problem you are seeing with your code.
Also what version of FC are you running.
As Dazz pointed out - also note dont write to location zero, start at location 1
This can give problems

One thing I did spot is you are using unsigned numbers in your varables, the EEprom can only handle Bytes so this is using extra memory.

Ive attched a slightly modifed chart
EEPROMTESTRW - no goto.fcf
(11.5 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

frankSchulz
Flowcode v5 User

Post by frankSchulz »

Hi John,

Thank you very much for your time.

I am using V5 professional version.

I opened your modified version and ran the simulation. The same problem happens. After a key press, the number is displayed on the LCD but in the panel window the eeprom display right hand column (Value) a "zero" is written and not the ascii value. This repeats after each key press.

Regards Frank

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Frank,
The latest version of Flowcode is v5.5.2.1

Can you use Help, Check for updates and check what version you have and include all the numbers please.
If your version is out of date then I believe a browser will be automatically opened on the update page

I have modified your flowchart the way I thing you would like it to work (but I could be wrong of course).
When you press the keypad just that digit is display for a second, then it gets added EEPROM and then to a string, then string is displayed. e.g 1
Next number pressed e.g 2, then just 2 is displayed, then added to next address in EEPROM and then to a string, then string is displayed ie 12 etc.

If your EEPROM is still showing 0's you might have an older version of V5 installed?
Here is a screen shot after pressing 12345:
EEPROM working.png
(19.42 KiB) Downloaded 5575 times
Attachments
EEPROMTESTRW V2.fcf
(15.5 KiB) Downloaded 350 times
Martin

frankSchulz
Flowcode v5 User

Post by frankSchulz »

Hi thank you,
I think you are correct my sotware must be out of date. My version in V5.0.0.0 (16.01.2012) I have tried in the past to get updates but get the 404 message.
When I use the help drop down box.... updates.... from within flowcode it returns a page with very large light blue message 404 page not found.

Thanks very much for your input.

Frank

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi Frank

If you follow the link 1/2 way down the page enter the last 2 sections of your key and it will downlad the latest version http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/flowcode.php

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

frankSchulz
Flowcode v5 User

Post by frankSchulz »

dazz,

Great you have solved my problem. I would like to extend MUCH appreciation to everybody that chipped in with advice and help. My V5 is now updated and purring. I did venture to the page you mentioned last week but as it did not make reference to updates I was worried it would clash with the current software installed. Now figures it has loaded the full package and corrected itself as required. The update under help is also working.
regards,
Frank down south Cape Town

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

frankSchulz wrote: I have tried in the past to get updates but get the 404 message.
When I use the help drop down box.... updates.... from within flowcode it returns a page with very large light blue message 404 page not found.
Version your running was first out some time ago, so sorry I have forgot about wrong hyperlink.

Just glad we all help you solve your issue.
Team work is just great :)

Martin
Martin