Unrecognised chip on the command line

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 5.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 5 or higher.

Moderator: Benj

kejam

Unrecognised chip on the command line

Post by kejam »

Hi,
I'm having a problem with the configure chip option.
I've been working on the project using a PIC24F32KA302, Flowcode V5 does support it, but when I try to set config options, PPP spits it's dummy with "Unrecognised chip on the command line <PIC24F32KA302>
I tried editing the config file ppp_config_data5.cfg using the PIC24F32KA304 as a guide. Now I don't get the unrecognized error but when the configuration panel appears all the selection boxes are blank.

Does PPP.exe (version 13:14:20:35) check something special in the .cfg file before filling in the options or something?
Any hints on what I'm doing wrong would be much appreciated, as this feature is so handy.

Cheers
Kevin.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Unrecognised chip on the command line

Post by Benj »

Hi Kevin,

PPP does not support this chip. It likely has a different newer programming algorithm.

Can you use a PICkit programmer instead to program the chip?

kejam

Re: Unrecognised chip on the command line

Post by kejam »

Hi
I did solve this in the end, so if it might help someone else here's what I did.
In the file ppp_config_data1.cfg I added the device number under the [ChipList], and incremented the chip list count by 1
I edited the config file that contained the family (in this case ppp_config_data5.cfg) and included the new chip details.

Now the configuration settings are included in the hex file

Cheers
Kev.