Flowcode v5.2 minor fixes

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 5.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 5 or higher.

Moderator: Benj

Benj
Matrix Staff

Flowcode v5.2 minor fixes

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Below are some files that have been updated to fix issues that have been reported since the release of Flowcode PIC version 5.2.

ADC CAL File - "Flowcode\v5\CAL\PIC"
: BugFix 18F4550 family when using +Vref pin on ADC component
PIC_CAL_ADC.c
(85.07 KiB) Downloaded 1104 times
Switch Component Files - "Flowcode\v5\Components"
: BugFix Wait until High / Low functions when using I/O bit other then 0 on Switch and Switch bank components
FC5_PIC_SWITCH.c
(7.29 KiB) Downloaded 1099 times
FC5_PIC_SWITCHbank.c
(9.06 KiB) Downloaded 1045 times
CAN CAL File - "Flowcode\v5\Components"
: BugFix CAN Vnet server now working
FC5_PIC_CAN.c
(45 KiB) Downloaded 1003 times
Flowcode Definitions Update Files - "Flowcode\v5\FCD"
: BugFix MI2C define missing so components using HW I2C would not compile - 16F737,16F747,16F767,16F777
: Device support - added missing timer interrupts - 12F615,12F617,12F675
FCD Updates.zip
(20.64 KiB) Downloaded 1033 times

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode v5.2 minor fixes

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Ben,
Are missing timer interrupts for 12F series also going to be included here?

Martin
Martin

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Cheers Martin,

I'll add those now too :)

bmbrown

Post by bmbrown »

Hope you can help with a fix for these 2 flowcode bugs
I cannot find a documentation reference anywhere for this first problem
Having read the entire help index contents I am still looking for the name MM has given to flowcode 5 as it appears on screen for the area below the flowchart display window (thats the one in which the symbolic language icons appear linked together to show a specific chip task with its begin and end icons) Bleow it is an area I could once see where simulations of hardware items such as LED's toggles changed their status during a simulation. I presume that area has a name but what is it.. because it is never named in the introduction or given a number in the description of an opening flowcode program development screen components ... for clarity I will refer to it by it arduously long title of the ....simulation panel window screen component
where in the hlep file has it been given a name or is that an omission that can't be fixed
The programming software bug I have is this
there is no way known to get the simulation panel window screen component back on the screen if it disappears it is never referenced in any of the help files or command structures and has no symbol or icon anywhere in the toolbars to say it exists..It it closes itself down, it leaves the simulation with only a program flowcode to fill the entire screen and no indication of the status of the hardware connected to the chip such as led's or lcd messages.

Once gone every previous working program written re-opens with no simulation panel window screen component so no simulation can be run and viewed whereby the stutus of the leds or toggles or LCD etc can be seen because there is no simulation panel window screen component any more once it is accidentally closed or disappears during a hung simulation.

Is that a bug in the program that renders it useless for simulation till a whole new copy is downloaded using my original user licence number or can you tell me how to restore it or least give me a reference where i can look up how to get the simulation panel window screen component back onto the bottom of my simulations because with no simulation panel screen component showing the chip's i/o status I cannot use the program to debug or watch single step simulations ..flowcode is deadmeat

How could the writer of the entire help file for simulations forget to name the simulation window panel screen component and forget to indicate how to close and open it or restore it if it disappears
as a teacher and a tutor for my students sake please ask the flowcode writers for me to add an addendum for such deadly obvious omissions needed to recover essential screen components such as the "simulation panel window screen component " or whatever it is called to avoid giving it a 11 syllable name

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello,

The "simulation panel window screen component" is referred to as the Panel.

You can show or hide the Panel at any time by using the option in the View menu.

I'm pretty sure the help file details using the Panel including how to get it back when it is closed but I will check this for you.

dazz

Post by dazz »

Hi

Have you tried clicking on the view tab in flowcode and selecting view panel, also V5.4 has now been released so download the upgrade and see if it helps

Regards
Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

bmbrown

Post by bmbrown »

Many thanks for the name "panel" it is there in the toolbar and i am very grateful for the name of it.
it is in the "getting started" item 5 from 10 but they don't the numbers oin the screen so you cant relate the 10 components tot eh screen view it referrs to what so it goes undefined on screen and no mention of how to control its appearance or disappearance is referred to after that very brief mention of its name.. it's off the radar for the rest of the help file Problem solved very grateful for the prompt and full explanation for this newuser enquiry. Its a very innovative piece of software

bmbrown

Post by bmbrown »

Just downloaded fc5.4 can you help with this reference to where in the help file I can learn how to do this task
we are extending our flowchart down the screen for simulation to the extent that it has to be continually reduced in scale
is there a way to shift portions of the flowchart into parallel; strands on the screen so it appears as vertical blocks that run top to botom as code and read left to right as blocks of code so the rest of the screen is useful not just the extreme left hand side..it is too obvious a problem not to have been adressed somewhere on the toolbar as an icon so I am hopeful you can tell me what the help file name of that operation is called in fc5.4 ( the equaivalent of segmenting concatenated flow code symbols) where i can read up on how to do it using the mouse.

dazz

Post by dazz »

HI
As regards your post above,are you asking how to change the appearence of the panel and add names to components, if so i can pop up a quick post on how to do that, if you want to use customized icons(or your own images) on the panel there is a tutorial on the forum (you'd need to do a search)

Regards

Dazz
To sign up to the V5 forum follow this link http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/forum_upgrades.php

bmbrown

Post by bmbrown »

Dazz .. thanks for the reply my question was about the flowcode fc5.4 as it appears on a laptop screen . wher eit shows up as a vertical string of component( eg input output calculation I call operations) starting from the word BEGIN and finishing with the word END.I was hoping I could split a long vertical program chain at a point half way down its length so each half of the program was on the screen side by side to view as two vertical halvesof the program string. that way the bottom of the first half as a string could be linked to the top of the second half string of the program by some sortof dotted lineor something similar and both pieces could then be seen in larger format as we step through the simulation rather than see it as one vertical program string that has to be shrunk down to a very small size to fit on one screen. Using a larger format in single step simulation means at present I must keep pulling the string upwards with the side bar mouse action to see what the next command to be executed will be.. It is the goto command that makes the latter mouse action so infuriating because the single step keeps jumping below the bottom of the screen. Nice if they did think of that very simple fix so so the program all fits on the screen..as an set of parallel strings...as an alternative can the program flowchart be rotated 90 degrees so it reads left to right as it progresses from BEGIN to END any suggestions

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hi bmbrown,

I think from your post you are asking if there is anyway for the flowchart to read horizontally, or be broken down into different "paths" to make it easier to read.

Unfortunately there is no function currently in Flowcode to allow you to do that, if you want a way to make your code neater, using macros to seperate sections of code which perform a similar task is always a good idea.

Alberta2012
Flowcode v5 User

Post by Alberta2012 »

Ben : any fix for the issues involving using a Servo with an ATTiny85 ?

I posted something a week ago, and you mentioned the possibility of looking into that fix ..