POV Clock- Need a way to wirelessly send messages

For anyone wishing to receive additional help with a project or simply looking to hire an embedded contractor we have a few contacts who would be more then willing to help.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

thetallstumpyone

POV Clock- Need a way to wirelessly send messages

Post by thetallstumpyone »

I'm building a POV clock but one of the requirements is to be able to send a message to the clock to display while its spinning (around 10 characters).

We are planning to use a PIC microprocessor with c programming etc. The PCB hasn't been built yet but wondering what kind of device I could use to connect to the POV clock so I can achieve this? We'll be using about 10 LED's.

Someone has recommended a Bluetooth receiver module the HC-03 which I am unsure about.
Thanks

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: POV Clock- Need a way to wirelessly send messages

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Bluetooth is very cheap now so this could be a very easy option. I used IR on my POV display but had issues receiving reliable data because of all the noise on the supply rails.

Have you seen this topic?
http://www.matrixtsl.com/mmforums/viewt ... 26&t=10995

thetallstumpyone

Re: POV Clock- Need a way to wirelessly send messages

Post by thetallstumpyone »

Thanks for the reply, I have bookmarked that link previously and using it for further reference for other parts of my project. Mostly though I'm stuck on the sending wireless signals to the device to get it to show messages.