Autogenerate missing variables.

Moderator: Benj

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Autogenerate missing variables.

Post by medelec35 »

Would it be possible if copying calculation boxes or components from one flowchart to another for variables not yet created, to be created on the new flowchart.
Perhaps there is be a pop-up stating create missing variable’s Yes/No
I have noticed with current Flowcode, if coping a calculation box with more than one different variable, a warning will appear about just one, and not all he different variables.

Martin
Martin

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Autogenerate missing variables.

Post by Benj »

Hello Martin,

This would be a nice feature and a great idea for the future.

At the moment you can save your calculation box inside a macro and then export the macro. When you import the macro into your new program it will ask you if you want to re-create all the variables. It's a bit more work but I think you should end up with the same result.

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Benj wrote:
At the moment you can save your calculation box inside a macro and then export the macro. When you import the macro into your new program it will ask you if you want to re-create all the variables. It's a bit more work but I think you should end up with the same result.
Thanks for you response Ben.
I must admit I have done it like this before, but the down side are loads of variables you may not want, also gets transferred. by the time you have exported, imported and deleted , it would have worked out quicker to add the missing variables :P
Martin

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

Hi Martin. Do yo mean copy from one macro to another internal to a single flowchart, or between two open copies of Flowcode? (Or both?)

We are currently trying to make transferring of calculations and other icons (as what works for one should work for them all) easier and to have an 'auto-create' feature like this would be very helpful though we haven't put any support in at present - for v5 the cut/paste would need to be able to know the variable type, initialiser value, description, etc. Still think its very doable though.

Cheers,

Jonny

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Between two open copies of Flowcode.
If I wanted to copy a single calculation box that contained 3 different variables from one open Flowcode to another open Flowcode on the same pc.
I was not talking about different macros within the same Flowcode.
Martin

JonnyW

Post by JonnyW »

OK. Hopefully we could work it so it worked fine for both. I cant guarantee this will make it in at all, but we can only do our best.