A Write Only Icon

Moderator: Benj

Gypo

A Write Only Icon

Post by Gypo »

Hi

Flowcode V4 (Pic)
We have compile to Hex, C and to PIC buttons...... but when the program is already compiled and maybe just needs programming again to the same or another Pic we have to go through the compile again.

Being able to just program again would save me time loading up Pickit program reading and then writing... I know,,, it's just quicker for me to do that than re-compiling on my slow PC.

Can we have a program button too?

Regards
The only real simulation isn't ...
Gypo

wayne millard

Re: A Write Only Icon

Post by wayne millard »

Cant you load the HEX file each time?.

Gypo

Post by Gypo »

Hi

Yes of course I can and that is one of the ways I have to do it at present.

I have put together several programs recently that need the same code on more than 1 pic (in the same circuit). And when I am in the middle of putting the program together and testing it the last thing I want to do is go to another program just to program another pic with the same code so I can test it. It would save time and effort if I could just change the ICSP connector over to the other pic and press program.

I'm not thinking about when the prog is done and just needs to be put on the final target, as I said this would help when developing a program and testing.

Regards
Gypo

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

You can simply load the HEX file generated in Flowcode and program this into your device using a programmer - perhaps even the same programmer that Flowcode uses (the command line used by Flowcode is displayed in the compiler messages window).

Gypo

Post by Gypo »

Guys, thanks for your replies..... but
You have all missed the point!!! or choose not to read my posts fully!

I have to do exactly what you all are suggesting!

And that is what I'd rather not do, when I have the kit set up, making changes in flowcode and testing it, I'd rather stay in the same program when putting the same code on my other chips. Because invariably I will be going into flowcode again after programming to make further enhancements / changes, again and again.

Why would I want to make the program changes in flowcode, program the first chip, minimise flowcode, load up my programmers program, go find and load the generated hex file then program the other chips, test it out, go back into flowcode to make further changes.... going from one program to the other again and again..

I'd like, forgive me for wanting anything in life but, I'd like to be able to stay in flowcode change the connection to a different chip and press 'Program' end of..........
Gypo

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello Gypo,

Why not open up a CMD window. Type in the PICkit command that Flowcode is calling. Then whenever you want to resend the up to date compiled program you simply have to bring the focus to your CMD window, press the up cursor button and then press enter. Repeat for more chips.

Your suggestions of programming again without having to re-compile driectly from Flowcode is noted.

Gypo

Post by Gypo »

Benj

Thanks, I not thought of that but again it's another way of doing it.

It's possible that it may have less of a demand on the PC than going out into the Pickit software. I'll give it a try.

Thanks again.
Gypo