Components simulation

Moderator: Benj

JG1

Components simulation

Post by JG1 »

Hello

I had posted this in the wrong zone then I report here.
I simply want to report that it's a little tiny to be impossible to simulate some simple components without using the dedicated macros (keypad, led7seg, led7seg4, steppermotor).
I add that I wish only flowchart should be used (no custom code) and that's was possible with Flowcode V3.
I am a teacher and this possibility would be very interesting for students's formation.
Perhaps do you have an immediate solution ?

Regards

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: Components simulation

Post by Benj »

Hello

We are aware of the simulation problem with the 7segment displays and hopefully we can tackle this in the near future.

Regarding the keypad and stepper components, these may be much harder to allow to simulate the way you are intending.

I think the best way to design programs the way you want would be to use the microcontroller hardware or to use a Spice simulation tool such as Proteus.

You could even use the code customization feature to remove the C code from component macros and then get students to re-insert the code. The program will run in simulation so the students will see what the program is meant to do however if the code is not right then the hardware will not run properly.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

Ok if you extract the contents of the attached archive into your "Flowcode v4/Components" directory and restart Flowcode then the 7 segment components will be updated to allow you to directly control the displays in simulation by using output icons.

Let me know if you have any problems.
Attachments
7Seg_Comps.zip
(153.28 KiB) Downloaded 343 times

JG1

Post by JG1 »

Thank you Benj for your reply.

Now the simulation of 7segments components works also without using dedicated macros, that solves a part of my problem.
The keypad works like I want on Flowcode V3, I think this should not be too difficult for you to do like 7segments ??? The 32 schools I represent will be grateful for you.
If you have in future a similar solution with stepper motor I am obviously still interested.

Thank you again for your reactivity
Regards

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hello

We will look into the keypad to see if we can also make this compatible. However now the keypad has things like changable configurations and customisable keys it makes it very tricky to allow for the pin simulation to work which was why it was removed in v4. Thanks for the feedback on the 7segs.

JG1

Post by JG1 »

Hello Benj

In the History_PIC_4.2.3.txt file joined with FlowcodeV4.2 I read this : "7seg1, 7seg4 and Stepper now manipulate i/o of the device".

Is this in relation with my previous request : in this case there is a problem because it does not work ?
However 7seg1 and 7seg4 work like I want with the .ocx files you have joined recently.

Regards