PPP needs an Update for using PIC 8 & 16 Bits together

Moderator: Benj

Lieuwe

Post by Lieuwe »

Hello,

PPP version 3.9.12.26 needs a little update.
I have used this program, download from matrix website without problems for Flowcode 3 and 4, C4PICsV4 course, and ASM4PICs course (all installed).

After I installed Flowcode 4 for PIC24, I get the screen:
"matrix PICmicro Programmer Unrecognised chip command line: <dsPIC30F4012>" when I use PPP.

Workaround:

After inspecting the C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode PIC24&dsPIC V4\Tools\PPP folder, I found some more files there than you will find in the C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Common\PPPv3 folder.

I copied all the files from the C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Flowcode PIC24&dsPIC V4\Tools\PPP folder to the
C:\Program Files\Matrix Multimedia\Common\PPPv3 folder (answer replace files = YES).
after this all works fine.

Is there a possibility to update the PPP 3.9.12.26 version on the Matrix Multimedia website, so that these files are included without the copy paste action mentioned above?

Lieuwe

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: PPP needs an Update for using PIC 8 & 16 Bits together

Post by Steve »

Hello Lieuwe,

Thanks for the info and workaround.

One of the issues to be aware of is that the PPP program currently performs two tasks - it is a configuration tool and a PICmicro programming tool. We are currently rationalising it and moving the PICmicro programming features into our mLoader tool. Therefore in the future, PPP will be simply a configuration utility. This rearrangement in this functionality should be complete for the release of Flowcode V5.

The version of PPP released with the dsPIC/PIC24 version of Flowcode was intended to be used just as a configuration utility for that variant of Flowcode.

However, the workaround you have suggested should be ok for anyone else experiencing the problem.