FlowLog Lite Oscilloscope

For users of Matrix Multimedia Electronics software to discuss projects, circuits and any other electronics concepts.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

Stonebridge

FlowLog Lite Oscilloscope

Post by Stonebridge »

I just recently purchased the Flowlog Lite and was having some trouble understanding how to use the oscilloscope. I understand how to set / configure the software but having trouble undestanding what probes I need and where they hook to.

For example, if I'm studying RC circuits and timing right now. I'd like to setup up something simple as this:

V+ -
---------------R1 ---------- C1 -----

and watch the charging /discharging of the capacitor as the circuit is turned on/off.

With a regular oscilloscope , I would place a probe between R1 & C1 and ground and take the measurements.

How do I do this with Flowlog ? What probe should I use ? Where do I connect the probes too ? I've gone through the online help with FlowLog and I don't seem to find any mention (or example) of the phsyical connectivity part. It only talks about how to setup the software.

Steve
Matrix Staff

Post by Steve »

For analogue voltage measurement, the FlowLog Lite has "V1", "V2" and "0V" inputs (one the screw-terminal block). Connect V1 or V2 between your R and C, and the 0V to your ground.

These inputs only measure sugnals between 0 and 5V. If you have need for a wider voltage range (inc negative voltages), we provide a "differential voltage probe" that will plug in to the sensor inputs of FlowLog.

I hope this info helps.