Flowcode version differences

For users of Matrix Multimedia Electronics software to discuss projects, circuits and any other electronics concepts.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

mb101
Flowcode v5 User

Flowcode version differences

Post by mb101 »

Hi,

sorry I couldn't find an email to send these questions to so am asking here instead! I've had a look through the product brochures but still need answers to these -

1) Are there any commercial restrictions on v5 Pro of Flowcode (license per product unit etc)
2) Is there an upgrade path from the Home to the Pro edition?
3) The Home edition is listed as not having communications functions - I assume this is the virtual networks feature rather than spi/can etc.

Many thanks in advance!

Mark

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Re: Flowcode version differences

Post by DavidA »

Hi Mark!

1) Not quite sure what exactly you mean, but generally one user per pro licence, we do allow the usage of one user to have a home/work install or laptop/desktop install, but too many activations will lock you out so sharing with multiple people will log it on our system. As for producing products, a professional licence allows you to produce and sell commerical products using the Flowcode 'code'.

2) yes, if you buy the home to test its functions, then upgrading to the professional is literally just the price difference between the two Home-£49, Pro - £199 so upgrade would cost £150! No money lost.

3) No sadly this is as it sounds, only 'basic' components are available in the Home version, all the comms, RS232, SPI, CAN are only available in the professional version.

Regards,

DAvid

benrouse77

Post by benrouse77 »

I've some questions, I have the home v5 and see that you can make up the flowcode file for all components but am I right thinking that I can only compile the basic components?
If I was to write the flowcode file using componets from the pro version could I send it to someone with a pro licence to compile the hex or c file?

If I were to upgrade to the pro can I use my my avr/arduino v5 to compile to a hex or c file to be able to program my pic's or would I need the pic version as well? I really love the ease of flowcode but funds are short for one pro licence let alone 2.

JohnCrow
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Post by JohnCrow »

Hi
If I were to upgrade to the pro can I use my my avr/arduino v5 to compile to a hex or c file to be able to program my pic's or would I need the pic version as well? I really love the ease of flowcode but funds are short for one pro licence let alone 2.
You need a different version of flowcode for each type of device i.e. pic & avr cannot be programmed with the other version.
You do get a discount on cross upgrades once you own 1 version.
I've some questions, I have the home v5 and see that you can make up the flowcode file for all components but am I right thinking that I can only compile the basic components?
Yes, you can write a program and simulate but only the basic components can be compiled.
If I was to write the flowcode file using componets from the pro version could I send it to someone with a pro licence to compile the hex or c file?
Hmm better let David answer this one :)
1 in 10 people understand binary, the other one doesn't !

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hmm, yes this would indeed be doable! Not very convenient but definately possible. We do appreciate that Flowcode can be expensive for a lot of people and we are happy that users do enjoy using our product and we can help and support them with their projects, obviously all this comes at a cost, so all we ask is that if you do find yourself able to afford it in the future you consider helping out the poor dev team! (We all need new ferraris :wink: ).

benrouse77

Post by benrouse77 »

Thanks guys, the forum is worth the money on it's own. the question about sending the flowcode for someone to compile was more out of interest in how much my home version is capable of more than anything else.
This is something i will be investing in as the time saved using flowcode will pay for it self.

How much is the discount on cross over versions for the pro v5 from avr to pic?

Ben

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hi Ben,

the cross chip discount is 50% off.

benrouse77

Post by benrouse77 »

Hi, i've tried to upgrade my avr v5 home to pro, when i 1st tried it gave me the discount but i didn't take into account the vat which bumped it up another £30, anyway now rasied the extra cash and it seem's i can't use my key to upgrade as it thinks i have one pending. "Upgraded Key Your license key already has upgrades pending" I didn't go through with the 1st payment.
Any help?

Ben

DavidA
Matrix Staff

Post by DavidA »

Hi Ben,

Ill PM you an email to contact me on, and i will deal with this on Monday, unfortuantely there is nothing i can do this minute.

Benj
Matrix Staff

Post by Benj »

Hi, i've tried to upgrade my avr v5 home to pro, when i 1st tried it gave me the discount but i didn't take into account the vat which bumped it up another £30, anyway now rasied the extra cash and it seem's i can't use my key to upgrade as it thinks i have one pending. "Upgraded Key Your license key already has upgrades pending" I didn't go through with the 1st payment.
Any help?
Hello,

If anyone runs into this problem all you have to do is close and re-open your internet browser to destroy all the session data and your key should then be available for upgrading again.

benrouse77

Post by benrouse77 »

Thanks, don't know why i didn't try this before.
ben