Ping Pong using PIC 18F4550

For users of Matrix Multimedia Electronics software to discuss projects, circuits and any other electronics concepts.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

geetansh

Ping Pong using PIC 18F4550

Post by geetansh »

Description
I have made a game Ping Pong using pic 18F4550, the 8 LED's in line shows the ball moving from one end to other and the 3 LED's on other side shows the level, a single LED near the voltage regulator is the out of play LED. (off when game is on and on when game is over or not yet started).
as the switch turned on all the 8 leds glow for a moment and then goes off and the led near to voltage regulator is on(showing the game is yet to start), to start the game press any key and a led from 8 leds in line will glow and move to other end now when the corner led glows button should be pressed to deflect it to other end and if pressed correctly the ball(led) will move to other end and the game will go own like this.
if player press the button correctly first 3 times, the level changes and game enters level 2(blue led will show level 2 ) and the speed with which the ball is moving will increase and it becomes little more difficult to press button on time when ball is on the end. similarly after 3 proper returns in level 2 the game goes into level 3 and now player scores equal to the successful returns in level 3 which are shown by same 8 leds in binary when game ends.
As you can see in video my score was 5 (00000101 shown by 8 leds)
currently i am thinking to make it 2D 8x8 with reflection on sides and 8 buttons on 2 opposite sides to reflect the ball back.
please suggest something to make it better.

other info and video is uploaded on my site http://www.funwithmicros.in/ping-pong.html
code is attached below.
Attachments
ping-pong-final.fcf
(57.96 KiB) Downloaded 880 times

Jan Lichtenbelt

Re: Ping Pong using PIC 18F4550

Post by Jan Lichtenbelt »

Dear geetansh

Your project looks very nice, also your website.

Possible future extentions:
1) 2d, 3D, perhaps 4D?
2) change speed, controlled and random
3) two or more people pushing the buttons.

Succes!

Jan Lichtenbelt

geetansh

Re: Ping Pong using PIC 18F4550

Post by geetansh »

thanks sir!
first i am going to make one in 2D and then i will think further on this.....