ECIO40 not working

For users of Matrix Multimedia Electronics software to discuss projects, circuits and any other electronics concepts.

Moderators: Benj, Mods

kirstom14

ECIO40 not working

Post by kirstom14 »

Hi,
I have a ECIO40P, and it is giving me some trouble when I try to dump the hex file to it.
I am dumping the hex file directly from Flowcode, but either the OS (Windows Vista) does not find the module
or a blue screen comes, physical memory dump screen, and then restarts the laptop.

I installed the drivers several times, but still it is not being recognized.

Can you tell me what is the problem, and how I can solve it??

Thanks in advance
tomcat14

Benj
Matrix Staff

Re: ECIO40 not working

Post by Benj »

Hello,

Have you ever been able to program the device?

If not then first of all have you installed the driver files? They are available from here.
http://www.matrixmultimedia.com/softwar ... driver.zip

Download the file and then run the appropriate dpinst for your version of windows.

Also when programming in Flowcode make sure you have set your target to the ECIO and not the raw PIC device.

kirstom14

Re: ECIO40 not working

Post by kirstom14 »

Hi Ben,

Sorry for my delay.

Well, I installed the drivers before I used it the first time. It only worked one time. The first time I used it, I tested it
with a simple flashing led program, which worked. But then when I wanted to dump the project, the laptop was always
crashing.

I have bought another ECIO module, and I tested it and it worked fine, so it wasn't a driver problem as the laptop
recognized the module immediately, with the previous drivers that I had installed.

But, I still don't understand how this module is not function after only one usage to power-up an LED!!
tomcat14