not compiling to chip

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

jacobsg

not compiling to chip

Post by jacobsg »

Hi
I have not used my flowcode 4 and e programming board for a few months. I set it up and tried to compile to chip (a 16f877a
but i get the following message :

Error: Failed to open:libc.pic16.lib or C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\lib/libc.pic16.lib
failure
Return code = -2
Flowcode was unable to assemble the ASM file due to the following errors:
FINISHED

I have restored defaults in the compiler options but still nothing works. I urgently need to get this program to work

Your help will be appreciated

Gerhard

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: not compiling to chip

Post by Steve »

jacobsg wrote:Error: Failed to open:libc.pic16.lib or C:\Program Files\SourceBoost\lib/libc.pic16.lib
This is not the default setting, so I don't know what would have caused these defaults to be wrong. On installation, the correct defaults would be:

Code: Select all

-ld "[INSTALLDIR]BoostC\lib" libc.pic16.lib flowcode.pic16.lib rand.pic16.lib float.pic16.lib "%f.obj" -t PIC%p -d "%d" -p "%f"
Where [INSTALLDIR] is the path of the Flowcode installation.

You need to make sure this is set up correctly and that the file is there. If you are still having problems, then I suggest you uninstall and reinstall Flowcode.