Flashing a PIC16F1840

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Flashing a PIC16F1840

Post by christoph »

Hi all,

I just added this to a post that turned out to be a V6 section but I have Matrix M v4, however the same applies: Basically I see these chips are included for PICkit2 but I cant seem to get them into PICkit2s listing for device selection at programming stage.

I have a PICkit2 Programmer (with red button) and also want to programme PIC16F1840 (and 720 /721 as well). I have followed all the info as per Matrix v6 forum under this same heading but I see no change in the device listing when I want to select any of those 3 to programme. What concerns me is that although I now have the v1.62.14 (re-named to PK"DeviceFile.dat sitting in the same file as V2.61 and the original.DAT file re-named, I dont get any of the table shown in the fv6 orum images and therefore no way of choosing baseline, mid-range or anything else! I just get a relatively small listing of various chips which doesnt have the ones I need. I have restarted the computer in case the changes needed that but to no avail. Can someone tell me where I am going wrong...

Incidently, I am not able to load MPLAB IDE using the disc enclosed with the device but neither am I able to download it from the web either - both methods send the web/computer haywire and it says "web not responding" and I can only stop it by turning off computer in mid-stream. No problem generally or with downloading or any other problems - anyone got any reason for it? Luckily I dont need it as I use Flowcode. Actually I find Microchip REAL help and info pretty poor! The chips are good though!

Chris

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Re: Flashing a PIC16F1840

Post by christoph »

I have sorted out the above problem but although it is a NEW PIC16F1840 it got half way through programming then said it couldn't programme after a certain hex number. So I went to erase and it said all completed but still stopped during write (as above). Tried again sevaral times to no avail so did the all erased check and it said it wasn't fully erased. Nothing I try erases the chip completely so that it can write the programme fully.

Any ideas to try as I am stumped. I have tested another chip, having done the PICkit2 trouble shooting instructions too and it is fine!

Chris