VGA board

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

achillis1

VGA board

Post by achillis1 »

Hello,

I am interested in the EB-033 vga board.

1. Using the test files found in the web site what is the output on the VGA monitor?

2.Are there going to be any macros for the board?

3.If I am going to use the vga board will it be easy to output on the monitor simple graphics or it will be the type of drawing every single one dot on the monitor which will consist the graphic?

4.Can I output a jpg, giff or powerpoint presentation?

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

Andreas Achilleos

kersing
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: VGA board

Post by kersing »

The EB-033 is a very simple no logic VGA connectivity board. In order to display information the controller needs to generate all the timing critical VGA color and sync signals. This is low-level programming compared to other e-blocks, you need to basically implement your own video card. Generating simple graphics is very well possible it will not be easy to do. If you want to display jpeg/gif/powerpoint you will need to write code to decode the files as well as write the display code.

I would suggest taking a look at EB071. That e-block is more advanced, it generates all the VGA signals based on the information you write to it's video ram. (So in stead of implementing a video card you use an existing one and only tell it what to display)
“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.”

― C.S. Lewis

achillis1

Re: VGA board

Post by achillis1 »

Hello,

1.Is it possible with the eb071 board to have 10 image files and whether they will be displayed or not, will be up to me when to do that?

2.The project I need to do is to have 10 images each one having the corresponding number on it and when user clicks the button to scroll up or down ( if UP key is pressed> the image having number "2" on it, displays, IF DOWN key is pressed then the image having the number "1" on it displays) and so on. Can this be done? Will I use one project-compilation or 10 project-compilation from the graphics composer?

3.I have downloaded the flowcode v5 free edition in order to see how the board works but there is nothing specific to it!

4.Also I am running the example1.fcf from the EB071_Test_Files and in the routine's motes says that a circle will be drawn, I HAVEN'T seen that circle, do you?
5.Do the examples work?

6.Will I be able to drive the EB071 graphically via flowcode or will I need to have C code?

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards,

Andreas Achilleos