ECIO 28 to labview

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

sheekst38

ECIO 28 to labview

Post by sheekst38 »

Hi all, Hope im posting this in the right place if not sorry .

I am doing a project as part of my uni course, I am using an ECIO 28 as my micro controller on my PCB board. In the course I am doing we also had a module that was an intro to LabView so my project supervisor wants me to use Labview to pass data to the PIC. I am only writing from LabView to the ECIO and the using SPI to program digital resistors in my circuit. I am fairly sure that I have written the code in Flowcode v4 correctly, I have watched the vids on here and on youtube and gotten lecture notes on flowcode from someone else who had a module on flowcode before. The code compiles to the chip fine and I have tested it on a simple breadboard circuit so im confident its doing what its programmed to do,
My problem is that at the start of my code I am only initialising the SPI_legacy. When i try to initialise and use the USB_slave my code will not compile to the chip any more. This is my first time using flowcode so im pretty clueless but from what ive read my thinking is the the USB_slave is the method flowcode uses to transfer data via USB to the pic and that I need it for my project. When I try to compile to hex or to the chip I get the following error;

J:\flowcode 3 pots.c(502:2): error: unknown identifier 'FCM_'
J:\flowcode 3 pots.c(502:2): error: failed to generate expression

I downloaded all the drivers on the ECIO main page and installed them. If some one could point me in the right direction to where i can read up on this or if any one has a link to a similar thread Id really appreciate it.

Thanks very much
~sheekst38

Steve
Matrix Staff

Re: ECIO 28 to labview

Post by Steve »

As this is a Flowcode V4 question, I have moved it to the appropriate forum.

In the examples for Flowcode V4 (available in our Learning Centre), look at the programs in "Components\USB Slave" for some ideas.

If you are still having that particular error, please make sure there is no custom C code in your program and post your FCF file here.