Alarm addition

For Flowcode users to discuss projects, flowcharts, and any other issues related to Flowcode 4.
To post in this forum you must have a registered copy of Flowcode 4 or higher. To sign up for this forum topic please use the "Online Resources" link in the Flowcode Help Menu.

Moderator: Benj

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Alarm addition

Post by christoph »

Hi all,
Regarding the attached flowsheet, I find I need another RC3 momentary, latched push button to enable LOCAL checking of the binary data that is normally received from remote locations via the RS232 input and displayed on the Port B LEDs.
Normal operation without this addition is:- Unit powered up, will receive any alarm via the RS232 input which is then displayed as a binary number on the LEDs and any further signals from RS232 are locked out.
When the NEW push button is pressed and released, it needs to display binary number 17 on the LEDs and each subsequent button operation adds 17 to the count until binary 238 is reached when the last and final push button operation increases the count by just 2 to give binary number 240. At ALL times, however, the basic alarm should not be affected and an incoming RS232 alarm signal should override/ignore this operation which is just for checking purposes.
Although the counting part is ok I cannot seem to incorporate it into the existing flowchart without messing it up and I cant seem to get the interrupt data in place or get RC3 to be recognised - only if I give it an RA3 LED to light!! So, I have had to come back to the forum after spending a long time trying but not very successfully - maybe Martin (as you had a lot of useful input into this originally and very kindly) or someone might be able to help.

Cheers,

Chris
Alarm addition.fcf
(17.95 KiB) Downloaded 534 times

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Re: Alarm addition

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Chris,
Not sure if attached Flowchart is what your after?

Martin
Attachments
Alarm addition 1a.fcf
(20.17 KiB) Downloaded 513 times
Martin

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

Hi Martin,
Yes, the counting process is absolutely fine ( will study and learn how you did that! ) - the only thing is that whilst in that process of going through the numbers, an arriving RS232 snumber should override and stop that process and display the incoming binary number whatever it might be and lock out anything else - as per the original scheme.

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

Can you give me the meaning of the decision box that includes the 5, 8 and 13 for future reference - I was wondering about the '5' in the original flowchart and didnt understand why it was used in the calculation icon there either....

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

Sorry Martin, I wa so obsessed with how you got that sorted but just realised that the RS232 input and the other 3 push buttons and their LEDs are not working - I am having a look but you will probably spot a remedy and it was the sort of thing that I wa sfinding but couldnt correct anyway...

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Woops! Soory,
I did not test all.
Try these versions.
See which one you prefer.

Martin
Attachments
Alarm addition 1c.fcf
(20.33 KiB) Downloaded 482 times
Alarm addition 1b.fcf
(20.48 KiB) Downloaded 535 times
Martin

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

Hi Martin,

Just got back to computer -
Many thanks for the latest versions...
Both versions were fine (and I likeed the single press of C3 now) - although I havent spotted the difference between the two versions yet!
One point I havent made very clear, is that it mustn't be possible to operate C3 at any time during or after an RS232 signal is received/locked in (until a system power down reset).
I also realise that C3 needs to loop round and round so when 240 is reached the next button press gives 17 etc. (otherwise the system has to be reset each time which is - intentionally - not straightforward.
Would appreciate those two 'tweaks' if you could and that would be perfect.

Thanks muchly,

Chris

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

Hi Chris,
can you try the new tweaks and let me know how you get on please.

Martin
Attachments
Alarm addition 1d.fcf
(20.81 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
Martin

christoph
Flowcode V4 User

Post by christoph »

Hi Martin,
Absolutely spot on and works beautifully - can't thankyou enough for all your effort and as I have said before, it is educational for me too as I try and suss out the ways of doing things. I just wish I had the time to get to grips with Flowcode a bit more - although I suppose I DO spend a lot of time trying to get things to work anyway and then sometimes driven to having to come to the forum in frustration.
So many thanks once again and I can progess the hardware now.

Very best regards,

Chris

medelec35
Matrix Staff

Post by medelec35 »

You're welcome Chris,
Glad Flowchart works for you.
Thanks for letting us know

Martin
Martin